Chapter 36

Ceaser didn't know what he should or shouldn't do. Should he tell her the truth and ruin everything they were starting to have or should he just pretend like everything was the way it should be because it was? Everything.

He might have started all this out with the wrong intentions but it had become something else, something he never expected and yet he was glad things changed because now he wanted Jules along with Ivy. He was certain that telling Jules the truth would only come between them and destroy what they had. Ivy already saw him as her dad which he was glad for and telling Jules the truth wouldn't matter because his intentions were different now. He wanted what they had so he didn't see any use telling her what was all in the past.

She didn't need to know.

Besides, he already had an attraction to her before he knew she was Jules Jenna – the woman with his daughter. So, he'd assume he never connected the dots and she was just the woman he was attracted to and not the woman whose life he wanted to destroy.
Ceaser thought as he tried to justify keeping the truth from her.

His mind was made up before he had even come to the conclusion that there was no need to tell Jules.

"We're here." Selene said half an hour later.

Jules felt the excitement rise within her, she'd never been away asides when she had to go away for College. This wasn't College. This was Greece, a country of blue beneath and above, incredible sunset, bright and colourful neighbourhood but what did she know. She just knew the things Andy and Sofi had shown her from pictures on their social media account, was it Twitter or Instagram, she couldn't remember.

Speaking of Andy and Sofi, she had to call them when they got settled in.

The door was opened from the outside and Jules stepped out, then Selene, Ceaser and Eric. Jules.

"Welcome to Sarlata, I am Belen." A young man who seemed to be in his early twenties in a suit welcomed them. "I will lead you to your home far away from home for the next few days." He had the Greek accent "This way please."

Ceaser placed his hand on Jules' back as they followed Belen. A short walk and they arrived at a cream painted house which looked so elegant almost like a manor. The outside was surrounded by trees and shrubs.

"This is Villa Kefalonia." Belen said as he walked up the large porch and pushed open the large double doors. "Welcome."

They all stepped into the Villa and Jules was shocked at the beauty of the inside.

"It's beautiful." Selene said

The living room was a large fifty square-meter room that led to a hallway on the right.

"On the right, we have two bedrooms which leads to the outside porch and this..." Belen said as he kept walking "This is the kitchen with an outdoor dining area where you can see the pool."

The large kitchen with sage green cupboards and shelves with a dirty brown countertop.

"Another room up this staircase leading to the master bedroom with an incredible view of the outside." Belen pointed to the spiral staircase before he made an exit to the other door.

They followed him like disciples still in awe of the beautiful manor.

"And this is the beauty of the Villa."

"Wow." Jules couldn't help saying

"Mind-blowing." Selene said

"This is amazing." Eric said

"It looks even better at night with the lights on and the pool glowing." Belen said

The porch was connected to both the rooms on the right and the dining area on the left, right outside the kitchen. The stairs down the porch on either side led to the paved footpath on the grass with the Tuscan-style swimming pool in the middle. Trees lined the right side and grey basket-weaved sun loungers on the left and at the end of the pool, more trees and a view of the rest of Sarlata.

Jules sighed unbelieving as she looked up at Ceaser who had taken his shades off. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

"My number is near the telephone in the living room including the cook's and cleaner's. They will come at the scheduled time and you call anytime there's a change in plans or to make an inquiry."

"Efcharistom Belen." Ceaser said and Belen gave a curt nod and left them.

When they went back to the living room, their luggage was there waiting for them along with the bellboy.

"Jules, you can take the master bedroom." Eric said

"No." Jules said quickly "No, thank you. I would take one of the rooms along the hallway."

"Me too." Ceaser smiled down at her and she blushed furiously as she looked away.

Selene caught her before she could hide it and she smiled.
"Alright. We'll leave you two lovebirds alone." Selene couldn't help herself. "Dinner at 9."

Jules nodded.

The bellboy took Eric and Selene's luggage past the kitchen and up the stairs as she went to the hallway and looked at the doors opposite the other.

"Tough decision." Ceaser asked behind her

"Something like that." Jules said

"Here let me decide for you." Ceaser said, "I'll take the one on the left, the one on the right as direct access to the pool."

Jules smiled
"Thank you. You should put her down." Jules opened her door and walked into the room. The en suite greeting her as she walked past to the bedroom which had a double bed and a door leading to the pool. "Put her on one, I'll join the other with it."

Ceaser placed Ivy on one of the beds and Jules pushed the other with the one Ivy was on, closing the short distance between them and making it one big bed. Jules walked to the door and pushed it open and the slight breeze whooshed in. It was still hot but as it got darker, the humidity reduced making it warm.

Ceaser walked behind her and wrapped his hands around her waist as he placed his chin on her shoulder. Jules tilted her head to the side and placed her hand on his. She closed her eyes and sighed as her heart thumped in her chest.

"This feels perfect." Ceaser said

"I know."

They stayed that way as they stared at the view beyond the trees as the breeze blew in on them.

Perfect, was it?