Chapter 23

On the first day of the week at work, Jules was nervous because of the boss. She didn't want to bump into him because then she would be embarrassed by what had happened at his parents' house, in their kitchen. Now thinking about it made her cringe.

What the heck was she thinking?!

Jules had been walking on eggshells all morning and she stuck in her office when she didn't have anything important to do outside her office. She went through files upon files...oh, and well...upon files.

She was so deep in what she was doing that afternoon she hadn't heard Alice come in.
"Jules?" Alice called from her office door.

Jules looked up.
"Yes?"

"You do know it's lunch break, right?" Alice asked.

Jules scoffed
"Of course I know that." She said avoiding Alice's gaze.

Silence filled the room as Jules snuck a peek at Alice and found her smiling at her.
"What?"

"I'm going to pretend like you do know it's lunch break and let you get the heck out of that chair and go get something to eat. You haven't had anything except for your morning coffee." Alice said

"I'm right behind you." Jules smiled at her.

Alice was amazing and Jules had hired her because she wasn't afraid to say what she thought and also, she was the best.

"Like hell you are." Alice walked out of her office knowing Jules too well.

Jules smiled and went back to the work on her desk. She just needed to complete one of the files on her desk and she'd go for lunch. Hopefully, she wouldn't forget.

Speaking of forgetting, Ceaser had honestly tried but he couldn't forget.

The feelings Jules had ignited in him was imprinted on all the parts of his body she had touched. He had needed a release and did what he would have done on any normal day, he picked up his phone and called one of his many able women but he hadn't been able to do anything. All he could think of was Jules as he kissed her.

He hadn't been able to go through with it because somehow it made him feel guilty. Like he was betraying Jules.

He knew he felt something for her, but why was it eating him alive? Anytime he got so deep into work, something or someone had to remind him of her and he'd get lost in the sound of her voice, her scent, the way she smiled, her touch, the feel of her lips on his.

During lunch break, he had contemplated inviting her to lunch or going across the company where most of the workers go during lunch break. He figured Jules and her friends would be there. He took a moment to weigh his choices before he finally made up his mind, got up and left his office. He was looking for an excuse to see her and he knew lunch was almost over and she might have been back in her office.

He got into the elevator and pushed the button to her floor. Waited until the elevator dinged open before he walked out and made his way to her office. Alice saw Ceaser as he approached.

"Good afternoon Mr. Thompson." She greeted.

Ceaser gave a curt nod and walked past her but Alice stopped him.

"Sir, she isn't in her office."

"Oh?"

Alice raised her brow at his unasked question but answered anyway
"She just left to have lunch."

Ceaser frowned and checked his watch

12:45.

"Just?" He asked her