What the Hell and Why?

= The Next Day =

I wake up at 3:30 in the morning, and change into a pair of running shorts, tank top, socks, and running shoes. I don't grab anything because I don't have pockets, but I can still get into the house without keys. I head down and see everyone in the living room, and they were all dressed in various athletic gear. Jake spoke first.

Glad to see you made it. 

Oh haha. That was so funny I forgot to laugh. So where are we going?

Sara. 

A field about a mile south of here. 

Ok. Let's go then. 

We leave the house, and I lock the door by twisting the keyhole of the top lock and knocking on the frame twice to set the alarm. We set off running, and make it with five minutes to spare. I was getting a lot of stares because I was new, but I really didn't pay them any attention. I saw Greg, so I went over to him, and he was talking to some really built guy. He noticed me coming over and motioned for me to hurry, so I jogged over to him and spoke. 

Hey Greg. 

Hey. Izzy. How are you doing this morning?

I'm good and you?

One day at a time. You don't mind if I introduce you to the pack. Do you?

No. I'm already getting weird looks anyway. 

He chuckled.

Yeah, I should have expected that. Well, let me introduce first to the pack trainer, Coach Blake. He's also the PE teacher and football coach. Blake, this is Isabella.

That's who the buff guy is. He spoke first and held out his hand for me to shake.

How are you doing?

I took his hand and shook it.

I'm good and you?

Never better, so what brings you to our lovely pack?

We stopped shaking hands, and I spoke. 

It's my home. My grandparents and parents were both from here, so I just decided to move out here. 

If you don't mind me asking, who are your grandparents?

I glanced at Greg when he asked that, and he nodded, so I told him.

Samuel and Ariel Walters. 

His eyes went wide as well as everyone in listening distance which caused them to start murmuring, and it spread to the rest of the pack. Uh oh. So much for keeping a low profile. 

You're the granddaughter of the deceased Alphas?

Yes. 

But you don't look like them.

I've just shifted recently, and as a result, my appearance changed....a lot.  

So did you come to re-

Greg cut him off there.

Blake, it is time for training to start. 

Yes, Alpha. 

He walked off a little bit and got everyone's attention. 

Ok! Good Morning everyone! Now that the excitement is out of the way, we're going to go through our normal warm-ups! 100 sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, and two laps around the field!