Sissy

Riley's body rocked as Tommy's weight lifted off the bed. Her eyes slowly opened and peered at his shirtless body through the white bed sheets. Her eyes drifted to the glowing red digits on the alarm clock sitting on the night stand. 4:06 a.m.

She let out a low grumble and plopped a pillow on top of her head. Muffled under the pillow she could hear him chuckling.

"Tell your dad I hate his rules." She threw the pillow at Tommy who was pulling his sweatshirt on over his head.

"Ow!" He flopped on the bed beside her and leaned down to kiss her head. "I know, but the tournament is only a month away." He brushed her wild hair out of her face and met her tired eyes. Paddy had agreed to let Tommy stay with Riley every so often but he needed to be home by 4:30 so they could start training.

Riley frowned and sat up. He knew she was scared for him but she still came to visit him at the gym whenever she could. However, there was always a glint of uncertainty in her eyes.

"Don't look at me like that." He brushed the side of her cheek with his rough hands. She let out a low sigh and put her arms around his waist. He squeezed her sides and laughed when he heard her giggle. She pushed him down and kissed him.

"You're going to get me in trouble, Ri." He mumbled under her kisses.

"Are you saying that I'm a trouble maker?" She sat up, raising a brow and putting her hands on her hips.

"No. Not at all." His words oozed sarcasm and she smacked him lightly on the shoulder. Lifting her up gently, he gave her one final kiss before getting off the bed.

She sunk back into the fluffy sheets and stared as he sat in a floral print chair, tying his boots on. He looked like a giant in the antique chair.

"So did you think about what I asked you yesterday?" He froze at her question, the exact same way he did when she had asked him yesterday.

"Riley, I don't know." He tensed a bit but knew she was right. He needed to see his brother before the tournament. It was announced that Brendan would be fighting in his teammates stead after the seasoned fighter tore a tendon while running up the side of a steep hiking trail. Paddy was ecstatic to find out that both of his sons would be fighting in the same tournament, and apparently so were all the reporters covering the story. It was something out of a movie and it was happening at Sparta.

Unfortunately in all the hype, Paddy failed to realise that they might actually need to fight each other, leaving one brother the victor, and the other a loser.

"Okay well just think about it some more." She was supportive, but had a hard time imagining never talking to her brother again. Sure they were both busy but they didn't resent each other. Jack was the only other person in the world that was just like her. She wondered if Brendan was anything like Tommy.

He nodded and gave her a small smile before quietly leaving the room.

"What about this one?" Anna twirled in front of the long mirror in a sparkly white dress. She stopped only to see Riley staring off into the distance.

"Is that a no?" She crossed her arms and said flatly, "Well I like it."

"What?" Riley whipped her head around to see her best friend standing before her in a beautiful wedding dress.

Noah had proposed to Anna just a month ago on New Year's Eve and they had set their date for the end of February.

Of this year.

Which meant Riley was in full blown wedding planning mode, but given the breaking news that was plastered all over Sportscenter the other day, her head had been in a sort of fog.