Greater Purpose

**So I'm completely caught up with the amount of chapters I've written which means one of two things: I'm going to get my shit together and sit down to write some more chapters, or updates will be a little slow. Hopefully it's the first option rather than the second. Anyway, college is hard and I've had like six mental breakdowns so far this week, so we're doing alright! Now, on to writing a lab report (and by writing I mean completely bullshitting because I have no fucking clue what's going on in the class).**

Aceso's POV

I glanced between my father and Elder Esmeralda from my spot upon Xavier's lap. After the argument we had, this was the last place I wanted to be, but at the same time the elder's words had spooked me and the only one who was able to calm me was my mate.

There was a silent tenseness amongst us all as we waited for Alethia and her mate to join us. No one spoke, too afraid to break the eerie calm of the room.

"Jeez guys, who died?" Alethia questioned upon entering the room.

"There isn't time for jokes, Alethia. There is too much to discuss, too much at stake. Now, let me try and explain as best as I can. First, you all must know that what is said in this room, stays in this room. Not a single soul shall know about what is being said in here today." She rushed out, making eye contact with each and every one of us, letting us know how serious the situation actually was. I swallowed deeply, the fear I was feeling earlier returning with a vengeance.

"When Alethia and Aceso were first born, I – as well as all the other pack elders, had strong suspicion that they were moon blessed. There were far too many coincidences happening all at once; Jarrod and Lidia having troubles conceiving, but then suddenly Lidia was bearing twins. Not to mention the pups being fraternal, and both female. What came to be true was a thought on our radar, but it wasn't until the timing of their births and the timing of the previous Moon blessed wolves deaths that what we predicted came to be true." She trailed off cryptically.

"By Moon blessed do you mean..." My father said, eyes bugging from their sockets in disbelief. I glanced around, noticing that I wasn't the only one that was completely oblivious to the conclusion my father had come to.

"Yes, Jarrod." She said, a somewhat grim tone lacing her words.

"Can someone please explain what the hell is going on?" I begged, at my wits end. Xavier began rubbing circles into my flesh, trying to calm my rising tide of emotions.

"This is something that most parents are required to teach their children, but there was an obvious scheme in place to keep you in the dark Aceso. As for you, Alethia, I'm assuming it just slipped your parents' minds due to their grief." Elder Esmeralda said, giving my father a pointed look.

"There are two key components to our kind that keep us safe and from self-destruction. This being the two Moon blessed wolves: The healer and the Peacekeeper. There is only ever one living peacekeeper and healer wolf living at one time. They are the two wolves that the Moon herself watches over and keeps safe from any harm. The healer wolf travels to any pack that is having a major health tragedy. As you all know, this rarely happens due to our high immune systems, but it can happen. The healing instincts will come naturally and without warning. The sensation is said to be almost like an out-of-body experience, an individual is vaguely aware of their actions until after they have completed them."

"As far as the Peacekeeper wolf goes, it's pretty self explanatory. If there are any major imminent threats of war, they will be naturally guided there to solve the issue before it becomes a dangerous situation for those involved. As I stated before, the Elder's and I had strong suspicion that you girls were the next Moon blessed wolves, which is why we chose the name we did for Alethia. You are named after the Goddess of truth. We also know now the reason for Aceso's kidnapping. We believe the Nightshade pack elders caught wind of the same information we did and took whichever child they could get ahold of. Their reasoning for it is still unclear as of right now, but we've come to this conclusion due to them naming Aceso after the Goddess of curing or healing."