Epilogue: Proving Him Wrong

**Waaaah, this is the last chapter of ITW. This story has been a fun ride for me, but I am SO EXCITED TO FULLY COMMIT MY TIME TO LOHO (league of her own is too big of a pain in my ass to fully type out). EXCITING NEWS: I have finished all my classes for the semester (I have currently received A+ in three of my class so far, but am waiting on my last two grades to be put out) and I have a full FOUR FREAKIN WEEKS off. FOUR. It's LIT! So, I will be working more than I normally do bc college and debt and stuff but I won't have homework so I am going to be a busy little bee over break!! I hope you guys enjoy this last update.

P.S. Not edited.**

Aceso's POV

One and a half years later

Stirring in bed, I hear the familiar cry of my beautiful baby boy over the monitor. I sit up in bed, realizing that I was alone. Seconds later, Xavier enters the room with our fussy toddler wriggling desperately in his grip while making dramatic grabby hands towards where I was positioned on the bed.

"Come on baby, momma will make it better!" I spoke in a high-pitched voice, taking him from Xavier's hold.

"I think that kid would like me more if I had a pair of tits." Xavier grumbled while pouting. I giggled at his words while positioning a pillow under Payton's chubby little body before beginning to nurse him. I rubbed my fingers over my little boy's head soothingly, watching as his eyes fluttered shut in content. I would have to start weaning him off of breast milk and onto real food soon, and the connection I have with him while nursing was something I was going to miss.

Xavier and I talked quietly for about twenty minutes about random pack business when I realized Payton had fallen asleep against my chest. I giggled lightly, motioning with my head for Xavier to look down.

Cradling him against my chest, I pressed my nose to his head and inhaled. His scent, a mixture of Xavier and I, was addicting. There was nothing more soothing for a she-wolf than the smell of her pups.

"Do you want me to go put him back down so you can get ready before Leighton and the lot of them arrive?" Xavier whispered. I nodded, carefully handing our son's fragile body off to him and forcing myself out of bed. Being swollen with yet another pregnancy made chasing Payton around a little difficult.

About an hour later, I wandered downstairs, hearing playful giggled radiating from the living room. Xavier was on all fours, playfully chasing after our son while he attempted to run away on his chubby, little baby legs. Xavier gently laid Payton on his back before pecking kisses all over his cheeks and blowing raspberries into his tummy. I smiled at the sight before me, the familiar fuzzy feeling over love blossoming in my chest.

Their play session was cut short by the doorbell.

"I got it!" I hollered before swinging the door open. Leighton's worn out form loomed in the doorway, and I shot him a sympathetic look. Charlie had just given birth to twin boys, and according to Leighton, they were absolutely refusing to sleep more than an hour at a time throughout the night.

"Don't worry. It'll pass." I assured him, stepping aside in order to give him enough room to slip through the door with both baby carriers in hand. Charlie followed close behind him, also looking exhausted.

"Hi, Hun. How you holding up?" I asked, pulling her tiny form in for a tight hug. She squeezed me back before replying.

"I feel like I don't do anything but breastfeed and change dirty diapers." She huffed out.

"Welcome to being a mother." I teased. "Just wait until they become mobile. It's the scariest thing ever." I stressed before turning and walking into our ridiculously baby proofed living room once again.

"Now that you're all here, I have a little news because we start setting up brunch." I said excitedly. I could tell Xavier wasn't paying attention by the stupid faces he was making at our son.

"I found out what we're having today." I said a little bit louder, trying to get Xavier's attention, but with no luck.

"And?" Charlie asked, looking more awake than she had five minutes ago.

"We're having a little girl." I replied, somewhat breathlessly.

"Oh my god!" Charlie squealed, flinging herself off the couch and onto me.

"What it! She's pregnant!" Xavier growled, finally breaking his attention away from Payton momentarily.

"I know dipshit! You're having a daughter!" Charlie goaded back. Xavier's eyes grew wide as his gaze snapped to me instantly.

"What?" He demanded, searching back and forth between my eyes with a hopeful expression.

"While you were ignoring me, I told them my exciting news. I went to the doctor yesterday and she said she could tell the sex. We're having a little girl, Xavier." I said, my voice thick with emotion. Sweeping Payton up into his arms, he rushed over to me before pulling me into a deep kiss with his unoccupied hand.

I giggled against his lips before he pulled me back in, thrusting his tongue into my mouth. Our kiss was interrupted by Payton lightly tapping on my cheek, obviously annoyed that neither of his parents were showering him with attention, like normal.

"Payton, you're gonna be a brother!" Xavier exclaimed excitedly. Though he couldn't understand Xavier's words quite yet, he bounced up and down in Xavier's arms animatedly, mimicking his father's excitement. To think I almost lost all of this years ago only makes me more thankful for everything the Moon and God has gifted me.