Chapter Fifty-two

"Good" Duncan smiled in satisfaction.

"-but if you tell Xavier then I will be paying a visit to your mum" Duncan said sympathetically.

"That's blackmail" I scowled.

"I call it returning the favour" Duncan smiled.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Ok so I do what you say and you don't kill me. If I tell Xavier then you will blackmail-" I started.

"Return the favour" Duncan interrupted.

"Sorry, return the favour of taking a visit to my mother" I finished.

Duncan put the knife away. "Correct. And you cannot tell anyone else especially not Chantelle. I still remain as Chantelle's boyfriend. Are we clear?'

So this whole time Duncan didn't like Chantelle? Duncan just wanted to kill her to get revenge. What a complete asshole.

"Fine" I spat.

I knew what I had to do. Somehow warn Xavier, keep my mum safe and break up Chantelle's and Duncan's relationship.

Just as I opened the door Duncan grabbed my arm making me turn around to face him.

"I added my contact on your phone and whatever I text, no matter what it is, you do as I say" He warned me in a deadly serious tone.

"I know" I replied and turned around, walking, well speed walking to my car.

××

I can't face Chantelle like this. Knowing that everything is a lie. Well except for Chantelle's love for Duncan.

I went downstairs and passed Xavier, who grabbed my arm keeping me from walking.

"Yes?" I asked with a fake smile.

I didn't know what to say to him yet. I hadn't prepared for this.

"Phone" Xavier held his arm out.

I gave him my phone and he started undoing the case.

"If your looking for the tracking device it's not in there" I whispered aware that Chantelle could hear us if I spoke too loud.

"That was just bait-" Xavier started, getting out another device "- sound device, connects with my other sound device"

I scrunched my face up in confusion "Wait so you heard everything that was said?"

Xavier spared me a glance. "Pretty much"

"So you tell me whenever he wants to meet me, ok?" Xavier gave me my phone back.

He turned to leave, his way of saying end of conversation.

"Wait Xavier" I started as he turned around.

"You know now, and I know somehow he'll find out that you know. You know what he said, he'll kill my mum" I tried making sense of it.

He gave me a small nod. "Trust me, your mum will be fine" he simply replied before turning back around.

I quickly jumped in, hoping I was wrong. "Did you really kill his parents?"

He stopped walking as there was silence. "I kill people Avery. It's just what I do and there's no other way to put it. If your looking for any redeeming qualities or emotions don't. Your not going to find anything." He answered, walking off.

I stared at his retreating figure speechless.

He's a bad person and I know that. I know what he does, he kills people for a living.