No More Bullying

Hi,

I'm writing this because I think it's very important to talk about bullying. As someone who has been bullied through most of middle and high school, I know how painful and difficult it can be.

In This Love, Leena Faye is a victim of bullying. I wrote her character the way I did because it's a sad reality that many victims of bullying tend to suppress their problems and not talk about it. I did this for a long time, too. I was too scared to speak out and seek help which was a big mistake.

What I'm trying to say is this: please don't be scared to speak up for yourself. If you're being bullied, don't hesitate seek help because you do not deserve to be treated without respect. No matter what you look like or act like, no matter how you dress or who you like, you are you and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Bullying in the form of physical abuse, verbal abuse and cyber bullying are widely discussed topics now, and you can be sure that a trustworthy adult (a parent, a teacher or a counsellor) will understand and will help you. Depending on where you live, there are several helplines for bullying. You can also use helpline chats on websites like STOMP OUT BULLYING™ (http://stompoutbullying.org) to seek help for yourself or for a friend.

We have to treat ourselves and each other with love and respect. To get there, we have to put an end to bullying be it at school, university or the workplace. And we can accomplish that if we promise to help ourselves and one another. I have promised myself that I will never allow anyone to bully me or anyone around me again. For yourself and for the people around you, will you make this promise, too?

Love,

Amethyst

This Love | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें