Prologue

Taylor's POV

Being shot by a bullet is not the most pleasant thing in the world, especially when you're hit in the stomach. Usually I'm not at this risk. When we docked, we were attacked the minute the first ensign stepped foot on land.

I'm currently pushing through the pain to help my flight squad, who were just as shocked as the rest of the navy team traveling on the aircraft carrier. I didn't show my pain. I didn't want to be separated from my team and not knowing what's going on by the nurse or doctor. Nate, my right hand man, was already shot in the shoulder and being dragged to safety by Josh and Jack, two of my other squad members, to the nurses.

Josh and Jack Schafer were twins, both with blonde hair, 6', and tanned skin. The only way to tell them apart is Jack had deep brown eyes and a deeper voice than Josh, who has blue eyes and a light voice. Nate Sierra on the other hand, had black hair, brown eyes, and being close to 6'3" was quite tall. Alexander Colson, who everyone calls Zander, has blonde hair, chocolate brown eyes, and stands at exactly 5'11", making him the second shortest pilot of our elite, five pilot group. Then, there's me, Taylor Johnson. The sarcastic, blunt captain that people either hate or enjoy. There's no in between, and I have to say I'm thankful for that. I have long blonde hair that is always tucked under my cap, hazel eyes that change to brown and green as well, and I stand at 5'7". Together we are known as the "Aces", the most elite naval pilots there are. Jack, Josh, And Nate are all 24, while Zander and I are 23. The boys have all been hilarious since I first met them, though at the time, they didn't like that the only female navy seal was on their team. It took me saving each of their lives for them to accept me as a member of the team.

We had been on a mission to drop a missile on a terrorist's house in Iraq when they cut off communication with me. I had already been their captain at the time, so they shouldn't even have thought of doing that. They flew straight into a trap and were almost blown to bits, had I not dropped my missile of the weapon targeting them.

Anyway, back the present. There were a group of fifty enemy men shooting at all of us. Because they took us by surprise, only a few of the crew have guns being carried with them. The rest of us had to go back on board to get a weapon of long range use. Trying to save the ship crew from being commandeered, Commander Cobalt was ordering everyone to their place.

"Sanchez, Colson, Schafer hurry up!" he yelled.

Everything seemed to slow down, there were only five enemies left.

Four enemies.

Three.

Two.

One.

And finally after several minutes of gunfire, everything was quiet, everyone alert. Listening, waiting for anymore enemy movement. There was none.

Coming down from my adrenaline rush, I felt the pain of my gunshot wound. Looking down, I noticed a growing red stain on my uniform. My ears were ringing, vision blurry. I looked around. Standing next to me Zander stared at me with pure horror on his face. The last thing I remember was the ground rushing towards me.

⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼⇼

Opening my eyes, the first thing that came out of my mouth as a shot into a sitting position, was, "WATERMELON!"

Looking around, I saw that I was in a grey room. Standing around me were the boys, Commander Cobalt, and Callie, a nurse who I had become good friends with over my last 5 six month deployments.

"Well hello to you too, Ms. Melon," was Nate's reply. I flushed with embarrassment. The others laughed, all but my commander.

My commander had always been a serious man, but we have bonded to the point that I see him as a father figure and he sees me as a daughter. "Darlin, I know you're not going to like this order, but seeing as almost everyone who survived has been asleep the past week, we are heading for the New York currently. There, you are going to finish recovering from the wound and after five months you should be fully recovered and ready to start the next journey."

Military Secret *ON HOLD*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें