Part 23

"I LOVE YOU!" I yelled again like a mad man, making no sense as she kept gawking at me with a idiotic face with idiotic expression.

"You la...love me?" She mumbled atlast. Her eyelashes touched her curved up eyebrows, widened.

"Yes!" I huffed. I couldn't yell at those eyes. "can't you see it just?"

"What if its just an infatuation!" She asked me after her another long gawking and thinking session. Chewing her lips.

"What is in you to infatuate about?" I twisted my face. I was stupid that's why I fall for you! You fool fat heartless girl!

She frowned. "What?"

"what what? Have you ever seen yourself in mirror?" I snapped. "your belly is fatter than those MRF tyres!"

"See!" She flinched back. Though her eyes were hurt trying to making a hurt puppy look. These looks actually looked cute on her.

I huffed. She... Why why couldn't she understand just?

"I love you Poulee! Please yaar!" I demanded through whispers and leaned my head on hers shutting my eyes. She breathed studiously. "I don't know why. But... I do! I do. I do. I do! And I know you don't, but..." I continued but her mumble suddenly interrupted.

"you do?" She asked me.

"hah?"

"you know that I...don't?" She asked me.

"yah!" Wasn't it obvious?

"oh! So?" She crossed her arms across her chest.

"yah so... I mean..." I stammered. Her interruption blanked my mind. "so...wi.. will you please try? I mean even if you don't want behave like my wife, at least be my girlfriend, will you?" I looked down in her eyes and she was looking up. "please be my girlfriend!"

"but I am already married to you, doesn't make sense!" She asked me with confusion.

I smiled and imposed "Be my wedded girlfriend! Will you?"

She didn't answered but stared at me and then with a deep inhale she turned around to go.

"Pulu...!"

"I don't know Butuda, I mean, as I am 'Not' in love with you," she enacted the inverted commas "what you are so sure about... I need to ponder over it!" She said me in a way.

"Hah?" I didn't know what that meant. Why can't women talk straightly!!!

She turned at me at her doorway. "when you became so serious about this marriage... I never knew!"

I smiled "I never knew that you knew anything about my seriousness!" I quoted her.

And she smiled back, closing the door.

And without getting my answer, I strolled inside my room just to duck myself in the pillow. I kept gawking open eyes as the whole day was filming in my eyes. I kissed her! I still couldn't believe it. I touched my lips which was on her just some time back. I wished I could go back to that moment and touched her those soft juicy fruity lips again. I wondered what she used! It was something...my eyes gave up in gawking dragging the quilt of amazement.

**

My eyes flew open with an uneasy feelings. My legs were crumbled up at my chest due to cold. It was showering outside cats and dogs.

The urge of peeing dragged me out of my room. As I was returning from the loo my eyes caught our main door open. What the hell!!!

Thief! But how's that possible! I ran my eyes around the room. Nothing suspicious caught my eyes. And suddenly a panic attacked me and I rushed to her room.

Pulu was not on her bed. I clenched my jaw at the dog sleeping peacefully at the corner. The clock was gleaming five minutes to stick six. I rushed down. Ofcourse the main door of our building was closed and our guard Suvashish uncle was snoring.

Terrace! My brain yelled and I flew up.

That moment when panic haze with...in amazement!...

I breathed profusely in silence remaining under shades, leaning on the wall. The cold splash of rain blew on me.

Through the sheer white curtain of showering rain I could see my wife standing at the middle of the terrace absorbing those rain drops. She was standing still, her back at me and she couldn't see me.

Wasn't she freezing?

That wet night shirt of her, on which those little pooh bears were saying hello to me, was lingering her figure, making her each curves beautifully visual. But I didn't see that, I was actually dazzled, how her hairs were sticking at her back till her middle back dropping water drops. Her hair grew quickly. I was seeing how her palms were curved in a cup to hold those rain drop. How those water droplets were climbing over her body, her long bare legs, which were covered till her mid thighs inside her night shorts.

Then slowly she turned with closed eyes. I don't know if it's girl's that so called 'sixth sense' that they are being watched, her eyes flew open and she straightened her frame seeing me.

I made a stern face.

She blinked at me uncomfortably and bit her lips. But alas! That sheepish grin of guilt was easily visible.

I kept my eyes on her face forcefully, successfully retaining that serious face.

And she tip toed came to me and went inside without a word.

And my lips gave up on a grin as we climbed the staircase silently heading towards our apartment...