Game on

"come over?" I hesitate for a second before pressing the send button

instantly i receive a text saying "On my way"

I plop down on my bed with a deep sigh, wiping away the leftover tears that remain on my face. I try to stabilize my breaths as I walk to my bathroom to fix my smudged
makeup.

Still look like shit.

I blow my nose and run my fingers through my disheveled hair to look a bit less like my life is falling apart.

As I pour myself some wine Holtzmann walks through the door startling me with the sudden noise. The fact that she has her own set of keys to my house simply from the times i've called her over like this makes me feel even worse about myself. She sets her motorcycle helmet on my counter letting her curls fall in front of her eye.

"i was starting to worry you had forgotten about me or something" she smiles and pours herself a cup of water

"i don't think i could if i tried" i mutter before sipping what's left of my cup of wine

A smirk forms on her lips but quickly fades away when she takes a good look at me.

"oh fuck" she says under her breath

"what happened?" she asks with worry evident in her features. She sits down next to me and sets my cup to the side so I can tell her.

"I uhh- I got fired" i say followed by a whimper escaping my lips and a few tears to match

"what?" she says honestly confused "how? I don't understand, you were the best psychologist there, you even told me you were going to get a promotion"

"i know i know" i sniffle "Mr. boss man wasn't too fond of the fact that i didn't let him get his way with me"

"WHAT" she says now set off by what i said "DID HE TOUCH YOU!?"

"no! no! ...i mean he would have but i left but that's not even what i care about if i would have known i'd get fired-"

"stop. you're not letting anyone get their way with you ever"

"but i loved my job" i say feeling my face get hot with impotence

"i know baby" she takes my hand with her fingerless glove reassuringly

"also" i say taking a deep breath "i don't think we should be doing ...this anymore"

"what?" she quietly gasps

"I need stability in my life holtz, especially now. I can't keep having these flings. Also, my brother walked in on us last time and i feel like we're just using each other. If we're bored or sad we call each other up for a temporary fix."

"but... we are stable. We hook up about once a week that sounds pretty fucking stable to me. Besides, you know i'm always here for you. There's nothing wrong about doing this, we both need each other"

"i don't know" i sigh carefully observing her expressions .

"baby" she says lifting my chin "the last thing you need right now is something to stress out about. That's why i'm here. Simply a friend ...that can occasionally make you scream my name whenever you want me to"

She manages to get a giggle out of me and her genuine smile before my eyes is something i've always treasured.

I lean forward and gently press my lips against hers.

"we don't have t-" she mutters but is cut off by my lips on hers once again

"thank you" i smile "for always being here for me"

"it's my pleasure princess"

She picks me up off the stool and plops me down on the couch.

"baby why are you still crying?" she smiles and wipes away my tears with her thumb

"i don't know" i giggle "oh wait. fuck. that's why. i'm on my period. shit i'm sorry, i forgot"

"why are you apologizing? I'm not only here for sex you know. But.... you know i wouldn't mind anyways"

"why am i not surprised" i chuckle "i'm sorry dude i didn't mean to waste your time, i forgot it was that time of month"

"oh shut up i'm not leaving, you know i love spending time with you. Besides, that just gives me another reason to look after you"

"Sounds like you're staying the night"

"only if you want me to"

"of course i want you to"

"good" she smiles and pecks my cheek

She gets a blanket from my room and drapes it over us before turning on mario cart.

"oh so it's going to be that kind of night?" I grin looking at the excitement in her eyes

She's a competitive little shit.

She just nods and nuzzles herself into me, blonde curls tickling my face.

"game on princess" she grins and sits up, getting ready to give this game her all .

"game. on."

A/N\\ i was planning on them actually hooking up but one thing led to another and it didnt end up happening . Idk if i like how it turned out lol.

OK BUT I IMAGINED HOLTZMANN IN LIKE HER LEATHER JACKET AND BLACK PANTS AND BOOTS AND FINGERLESS GLOVES ON A MOTORCYCLE AND FUCK IM SO SHOOK