[01]

February 27th 2015

Yawning and rubbing the sleep from her eyes simultaneously just like how they do it on TV, she walked down the stairs. Glancing around the living room, she couldn't see her husband anywhere, so she decided to head to the kitchen next because it was the closest.

The rich smell of the coffee became stronger and even more distinct as she got closer to the kitchen, proving her hunch correct that she would locate her husband there.

Leaning against the doorway casually with her head cocked to the side, she took in the gorgeous man standing before her who appeared to be cooking.

He sported a rugged look which contained silky black hair that was naturally tousled. Strands of his hair curled around his ears, the nape of his neck and his forehead. He had grown out his bangs which were curly, and added to whole masculine appeal.

His eyes were an electric shade of blue which pierced into her soul every time she looked into them. His jaw was strong and firm, decorated with a hint of a five o'clock shadow as he hadn't shaved since the day before last. His skin was sun-kissed, a perfect contrast with hers.

Calvin had his headphones plugged in and he danced to whatever he was listening whilst he fried some eggs on the plan, preparing a surprise breakfast in bed for his wife. She watched him as he danced in front of the stove, panning some eggs onto a plate at the same time.

Calvin danced with his hips and tapped his sock clad foot, spinning around when the toaster 'pinged' that it was done and the toast flew up in the air because he had set it too high. Grabbing the plate of eggs in a rush, a distraught look conquered his face as he thought for a moment that he wouldn't make it and the toast would become ruined.

Luckily though, the piece of toast came down for a perfect landing on the plate next to the eggs. Relief washed through Calvin as he placed the plate down on the kitchen counter and inhabited one of the bar stools, grabbing the pan right off the stove in the process. Grabbing the newspaper, he spooned some of the egg into his mouth straight from the pan whilst tapping his foot against the floor as he bobbed his head to the music.

With her arms crossed and head resting against the door frame, Audrey couldn't help but laugh at the sight of her husband acting so cool and carefree. He was acting like a teenager despite the fact that he was twenty-three and counting. No one walking into the room at this moment would guess that he was the son of the CEO of Paynter's Empire, one of the largest collections of five star hotels in the world. And that was exactly what Calvin was: unpredictable.

His head jerked up at the faint sound of sweet laughter, a smile captivating his face instantaneously as his eyes caught sight of his wife, awake and still clad in her pyjamas. Her hair was mussed and heavily dishevelled from last night, her body clad in the black and red chequered button down shirt that Calvin had been wearing yesterday. It was a few sizes big on her, the sleeves rolled up so that they reached just under her elbows and the hem of it just passing mid-thigh.

Pulling lightly on the wires which were connected to the actual headphone speakers, they both popped out of his ears, one by one before being left forgotten on the countertop.

Pushing up from the bar stool with her breakfast of eggs and toast in hand, he held a sheepish look on his face as he walked up to her. "I made you breakfast." He whispered, skilfully weaving an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him until there was nothing separating them from one another other than the clothes they were wearing; that and the plate of eggs which he held in his right hand.

Wrapping her arms around his torso, she smiled up at him coyly. "You seem to have forgotten to deliver it." She stated, arching an eyebrow expertly at his expense.