[02]

September 16th 2017

The heals of his expensive leather shoes tapped against the tiled floor as he walked down the hallway for room 281.

281. 2-8-1.

It was a room that he found himself frequently visiting over the past year, even more often now that he had hired a new personal assistant at work who was very good at doing his job...assisting. Even outside of work.

He could honestly admit that he had been spending more time in this flat than he did in his own lavish, two-storey, three-bedroom house. This place had been a home to him when he couldn't find sleep or solace under a roof that he used to call his. This was now his sanctuary, a place where he could just disappear to without any worries of work or clients. He would even be able to temporarily forget that...thing which he despised so much.

Even though the apartment was small and slightly unkempt, -nothing like his luxurious town house- it was where his heart was, and that's what mattered most.

To many -if not all- this would be considered immoral, unjust. They would consider this to be a betrayal, one of the highest degree that a man could possibly commit but honestly, he didn't care. How could something so pure, so untainted from the black matter that was his life be immoral?

But then again, he was probably biased -again, not that he cared. This was the love of his life that he was talking about.

Brushing a hand through his hair while his other clutched onto the suit jacket which he had taken off earlier and slung over his right shoulder, his left hand reached out and knocked on the door. Once, and then twice.

Leaning against the door frame before the door had even opened, he had his legs crossed at the ankles and the sleek black glasses which she had bought from him a few months ago; a sly grin already in place.

He didn't have to wait too long before the door opened to reveal his blonde bombshell, the love of his life.

The woman was a sure sight for sore eyes with her luxurious, shiny blonde hair that barely kissed the top of her slender, tanned shoulders. Today, she was dressed in a sleek black dress which came to a stop two inches before mid-thigh, a pair of daring red heals adorned her freshly painted black toenails, which matches beautifully with the expensive diamond neck lace that he had bought her last week, and the pair of stud earrings which she had received from him less than a month before.

To say that he spoiled her would be putting it mildly.

Her make-up was done to perfection -as usual- with a deep smoky eye, thick, fluttery lushes and tantalising red lips that stirred the devil inside of him, the one that had spent months, nearly a year in hibernation. Well, that was all before he had met her and fallen madly in love.

And just for him, she had a grin to match his; one that came with a promise.

A promise for what? Well, only both he and she knew the answer to that.

"You're late," she greeted him, not budging from her spot from inside the apartment; making no move to invite him in. "I've been waiting for the past half an hour. I was just about to call the other love of my life to come over seeing as I made the effort to dress up and cook dinner." She teased him, a mock scowl on his face as she crossed her arms over her chest; but she couldn't stop it when her lips twisted up into a cunning smile, one that gave him a run for his money.

An amused chuckle escaped him as he watched her with a quizzical brow. "Oh, really now?"

Her breath hitched in her throat and her heart beat picked up several beats per minutes as she couldn't tear her eyes away from his face and his pink, plump lips which were currently drawn into a menacing smile.