[13]

October 18th 2017

He rolled his eyes as she stood in front of him, her arms crossed over her chest, blocking him. He was determined to leave, but she was determined to stop him, to keep him there.

Audrey wasn't stupid. She might have been a naïve girl before but she knew better now. She had to learn of her husband's true nature the hard way.

She knew what was going on now.

"Stop being childish, Audrey," Calvin rolled his eyes again, not at all happy with the way his wife was behaving. "Now move out of the way and let me go." He demanded.

Audrey furrowed her eyebrows, irked with the way that he was talking to her as if she was a lap dog that would happily hop, skip and jump at the crack of his whip. "I'm not stupid, you know?"

"Of course, I know that." He scoffed, but Audrey could see clearly that he was making fun of her. It wasn't anything new for her.

"Then you know that I won't let up until you tell me what I want to know." She persisted, pursing her lips when he rolled his eyes yet again. If he carried on doing that then she was sure that his eyeballs would just pop out of their sockets.

"There's nothing to tell." He replied to her, his answer tight-lipped and short, both of which did not give her what she wanted. Answers.

"Yes, there is. And we both know it."

"Stop being petty." Calvin chastised her.

"How am I being petty?" She asked, her voice slightly louder than it had been the previous moment. Her obvious anger and frustration towards both him and the situation that he had put them in evident as she frowned.

Calvin didn't answer. He made a move to go around her, but Audrey saw it coming before hand and moved more onto the left, intercepting him. Not that it would help much seeing as he was both stronger and bigger than her. If he wished, then he would easily be able to push her to the side and make it out of the door before she was able to get her bearings.

But he didn't. Why? Neither of them would be able to answer that question.

"I know you're lying to me, Calvin. I just know it."

"Have you stopped to think that maybe you're just accusing people. Have you stopped to think that maybe I'm not lying this time?"

When Audrey didn't say anything, Calvin sighed and walked around her, making sure that none of them touched. It was only when he opened the door and stepped a foot outside did he stop. "Please don't lie to me this time."

He didn't say anything. He just left with a heavy, feeling guilty.

But for what, he didn't know.

-

Calvin ignored the internal war that was going on in his head. He pushed away the guilty feeling as he raised his hand and knocked on door 281.

He waited a few moments before he heard shuffling from the other side of the door, before it opened to reveal the one that he had missed so dearly these past weeks.

When she saw him, she paused; but her eyes soon lit up and she flung herself into his arms. He had been quick enough to brace himself and step a foot backwards or they would have both taken a tumble backwards at the sheer force that she had used to jump into his arms.

He didn't complain when she latched onto him and buried her face into his neck; not questioning it when he felt her lips pull into a smile against the skin of his neck. He just assumed that she was happy to see him after having not spent any proper time together since she had gotten back from her small vacation.