A Spinach Dip Facial & Cheesy Fun

~ A Spinach Dip Facial & Cheesy Fun ~

~ ¤°*°*°*°¤ ~

The thought of going into a closet with Eli made me feel uneasy. I only really knew him by his scone order and as Theo's best friend. He's been nothing but nice to me, so the bottle didn't land the worst partner. I was more afraid of compromising any future friendship with him, even if the possibility of one was unlikely. Regardless, it would be weird with a kiss shared between us.

Then there was Theo. The confident smirk he had when the bottle slowed in his direction fell immediately after he saw where it stopped. He had that irritated set to his jaw when he whispered something to Eli, who glanced at me as if I was the topic of their discussion. I wondered what he said, and I only thought of one way to find out.

I already made the decision to go into the closet, no matter who it landed on. Excluding Craig and Theo, of course. So I turned away from them and, ignoring the cheers and sounds of lost chances, made my way to the closet. I didn't know if he would follow, or if I really wanted him to, but he was right behind me as I stepped into the small, dark space.

"Seven minutes and the door opens. Be decent!" Craig's eyes slithered down when he looked at me. "Or not." He grinned and shut the door.

"That guy is such an ass," Eli muttered as he searched for the switch on the wall.

"And a few other, far more offensive things," I smiled in the darkness. Chills from the scumbag were fading and Eli's remark lightened the mood.

He smiled back when he turned the dim light on, nodding in agreement. Then he let out a breath and leaned against the shelves lining the wall. "So..."

"So," I echoed when he didn't continue.

"I've just been told that if I make a move on you, I'll be going through a week of torture and misery," his gaze turned sheepish as he looked away.

I gaped at him. "Theo?" I asked, though I knew the answer.

"He threatened to force-feed me his cooking for a week. I'd really prefer not to suffer. I just wanted you to know that I mean no offense in choosing my stomach over you."

I wanted to be upset with Theo for getting involved, but I couldn't bring myself to be when Eli finished talking. I chuckled at his words and felt the awkward tension easing away. "No offense taken. I wouldn't want you to suffer at my expense."

"Thank you," he snickered, finding the humor in our situation too.

"He's a good friend, trying to protect you from me. I'm sure he thinks I'm some man-eating heartbreaker, along with everything else," I shrugged, brushing it off.

"That's not why he did it," he shook his head lightly, amused by my interpretation of Theo's actions.

I blinked. "Then why...?"

Eli didn't answer. Instead, he asked, "Why are you doing this seven minutes thing, anyway?"

I chose not to answer his question either. "If he did it just to spite me," I continued with a new assumption, "I feel like getting a little revenge."

"What did you have in mind?" Intrigued, he crossed his arms and tilted his head.

I wanted Theo to know he couldn't control my actions. I didn't want to walk out and see that smug expression, him being so sure that nothing happened in here. I moved closer to Eli, who returned my smile with an inquisitive grin of his own.

I reached up and ruffled his hair. He didn't have his usual spiked style, but by the time I was finished, it was sticking out in every direction.

"You're joking, right? Did I not mention the torture I would have to go through?" Contrary to his objection, his eyes were twinkling at the chance to mess with his friend.