Chapter 9: Dawn

Lilyanne's POV

(A month later...)

It had been a month since the attack and I was 3 months along. Erin and I were becoming really good friends and we didn't talk to much about the baby, it was a rough subject.

We talked after he got shot and he said by my fifth month he would give me an answer.

With Dax on the other hand he was distant lately. My mother had him constantly training and learning to be the next prince of the land.

"Lily?" A voice called out throughout the library.

"I'm in here!" I shouted back.

Soon the voice had a face and it was Erin.

"Hey Erin!"

"Hey Lily, I knew I would find you in here" he said sitting down.

"When am I not?" I laughed a bit while holding a book in my hand.

"Very true, but anyways are you ready for the celebration of unity tonight?" He asked.

The celebration of unity is when all countries celebrate together, for the unity of peace. It is a grand celebration with feasts and fireworks. It had been going on for hundreds of years and it was a fun day to spend with everyone.

"Yes very, the fireworks are beautiful! I love going down to the lake and watching them next to the water."

"Well I will see you tonight then I'm off to training with posture..." he laughed.

"I passed that 4 years ago!" I giggled.

"Yeah whatever, I hate this class" He grumbled.

"Fine, just this once!"I granted.

He got up and walked away as I laughed some more.

I rubbed my 12 week belly and wondered if he or she would be like their father.

"You're going to get all the love in the world from me and your father" I whispered.

Just then my stomach grumbled and I looked down in disappointment.

"I just ate though dude..." I groaned.

I stood up and made my way to the kitchen.

My little bump was developing nicely, it wasn't large but it was there and enough to show people I was expecting.

I heard a bunch of shuffling and chatter behind the doors of the kitchen.

Pushing them open I saw a blonde haired lady with her hair in a tight bun.

"Dawn?" I asked.

The blonde haired lady flipped around and smiled.

I ran towards her and engulfed her into a hug, "I thought you were gone? How are you back?" I asked.

Ms. Dawn was the head chef at our castle 2 years ago. She was basically my second mother, always picking up a broken girl from her actual mother. My parents didn't have use for her anymore and got rid of her, by selling her to another kingdom.

"Dear I came with the Calliwell family! How lovely it is to see you" she cheered while looking at me up and down.

Her crystal blue eyes met with my crystal blue eyes, "dear is there something you would like to tell me?"

"I'm pregnant" I said barely louder than a whisper.

She pulled me over to the chairs in the corner and we sat down, "explain dear."

I told her everything from the one night stand to the attack and even how I felt about it all.

"Oh my child, you have gotten yourself into quite a handful" she shook her head.

I had disappointed her and I knew it.

"Listen to me Lilyanne, no matter what you fight for that child. Hold that bundle of joy close and in the process find out what your heart wants. I'm here for you dear whatever you need" she told me.

"Thank you" I replied while falling into her arms, "I have missed you more than you know."

Just then a boy walked around the corner with the same light brown hair as me.

"Conor?" I called to the silent boy setting dishes down on the counter.

His head turned up showing off his bright green eyes and a grin spread across his face.

He ran over to me tackling me in a hug, "oh my goodness Lil! Look at you all grown up!" He laughed.

"Conor we are the same age" I said shoving him.

I saw Dawn walking away letting us have our moment.

Conor was Dawn's boy. Dax, Conor, and I were all best friends growing up and then Conor left leaving Dax and I alone. Conor and I had the same birthday which was an automatic connection with us. He was like my brother in every way.

"Woah Lil!" He called, "you're getting fat!"

Lil was something Dax and Conor decided to nickname me and it never went away, "I'm pregnant not fat!"

His face fell and then he crossed his arms, "who's ass do I have to whoop?"

I shook my head violently, "not a single one."

"Then explain this!" He growled while pointed to my growing belly.

I sat him down in the corner and explained everything the way I did with Dawn.

"Well shoot Lil, well just yikes ...." he said with his mouth wide open.

I buried my face in my hands and shook my head, "yeah yeah I know... big problem."

"Where's the freaking popcorn when you need it" he laughed.

I looked up and punched his shoulder, "you jerk! I have a problem and you want to make it some sort of entertainment!"

"Ouch I was kidding!" He whined.

"Conor get back to work!" Dawn walked over yelling at him, "and Lilyanne here."

She leaned forward handing me a plate of  food.

"I know why you came down here darling, I too was once pregnant" she laughed and walked away.

What a day this has started off to be.

-------------------
What do you think the gender of the baby should be? Comments??

Boy?

Girl?

Both?