Chapter 18: Fresh Blood

Lilyanne's POV

I laid there wrapped in what was left of my torn up dress.

My body ached from head to toe.

Hours had passed since Ray came in and assaulted me in every way possible. I felt dirty and I couldn't get what happened out of my memory. 

A little click was heard outside of my room and then my door swung open.

"Up!" A man yelled.

I stood up with wobbly legs and walked with the man while holding my torn dress to my body.

Walking out I passed Dax's room and it was empty. What did they do?

Another guard appeared in the hallway.

"This room sir" the new guard said.

Soon I was turned and pushed into a room onto the floor.

My stomach pressed against the floor and I stood up as quick as possible.

"Lil!" A voice called.

Looking up I saw Dax running towards me.

His face was bruised and covered in blood.

Both of his arms engulfed me in a large hug tight enough to kill if possible.

"Are you hurt?" I asked placing my hands on either side of his face.

"Yes Lil I'm ok, nothing like a little beating...Are you hurt?" he questioned scanning  torn my clothes.

I shook my head silently telling him I was breaking.

"One of them touched me" I choked out.

He hugged me again tightly.

"Hey we will get out of here, but for now you need to eat."

He lifted my chin facing me towards the table with food on it.

Within that moment my stomach growled and a smile spread across Dax's face.

My eyes traveled over all of the food, strawberries, eggs, pancakes, and orange juice.

Without asking any questions I ran over to the table and began my feast. Carrying two babies was difficult.

After a couple of minutes passed, Dax and I were lightly joking and trying to leave this world behind. Everything had felt at peace.

"Dax?" I asked.

"yes Lil?"

"Do you want to be the uncle of my children? I know it's like the worst time possible, but you would be so wonderful and I am so so sorry."

His face lit up and a large smile fell across his face.

"Do you really mean that Lil?" he said getting all teary eyed.

"yes" I replied nodding my head.

Dax's long arms reached across the table and grabbed my hands, "I would be honored."

I was internally smiling and my heart was over pounding with joy.

Within those seconds that joy was crushed when the doors flew open.

Two men ran in taking away all the breakfast.

Then a group of men walked in, standing in a circle, protecting someone in the middle.

"Lilyanne, my sugar!" a man's voice cheered.

My feet became stuck to the floor and my heart started to race.

There was only one man that called me sugar, Esphen.

Esphen and I hadn't seen each other in years. He and I were engaged, not by choice but by parents. I could never like him but he was in love with me. Everyday he would grab me and forcefully make me try to love him, but I just couldn't. One day my father saw Esphen yelling at me and grabbing my wrists, so he kicked him out of our castle cancelling our marriage.

"How?" I questioned with fear.

Soon he pushed through the protection circle and we were face to face.

"Sugar, my love, I can't let you go... not after I finally have you all to myself!" he laughed.

"Dude, leave her the hell alone! Seriously Esphen, leave!" Dax growled.

"Oh I forgot about you my old friend or should I say competition!" Esphen shouted.

"Esphen, look at me" I spoke softly.

His head quickly looked at me with soft eyes.

"Please let us go, the father to my babies are probably very worried for all of us" I whispered.

"Not happening sugar, I will become the new father to your babies and they will know no difference" he smiled.

"Never in hell is that happening!" Dax yelled.

Within those seconds, Esphen pulled out a gun aiming it at Dax.

"NO!" I screamed.

I watched Dax's eyes fall upon mine as the gun went off.

My scream filled the air as I watched my best friend hit the ground.

Quickly I ran to his aid placing my hand over the wound that had been placed in his chest.

"Please stay with me Dax, please you can't leave me!" I cried.

My hands and Dax's hands were covered in thick red blood.

"Lil look at me" he managed to say.

My eyes found his aching eyes, "Yes?"

With two hands he grabbed my face and kissed me. It was passionate and full of destroyed hope.

Slowly he released my face, "Promise me you will take care of yourself? No matter what..." he said.

"I promise" I cried, as his eyes flickered.

He brought one of his hands back up caressing my face, " I love you Lilyanne Blythe and don't you ever forget that."

As those last simple words fell of this lips, his eyes closed and his hand fell hitting my arm.

His fresh blood coated my face as the tears fell.

"Dax...no" I whispered falling into his chest.

Silent tears fell down my face, I had just lost my best friend.

Lifting my head I realized everyone was staring at the little exchange between us and Esphen had a smirk on his face.

I placed my lips on his forehead and whispered, "I love you too Dax Winthrope, with all my heart."

I collapsed onto his body crying for my best friend.

Suddenly two hands grabbed the back of my hair and yanked me up to my feet.

"Now sugar, where were we?"

"Let me go" I sobbed. I felt so defeated. First my mother and now this, I couldn't win.

His grip on my hair tightened causing me to scream louder. My vision blurred and all I wanted to do was give up.

My torn dress was starting to fall below my breasts and I was completely exposed to everyone in the room.

I started to sob loudly and Esphen started to place kisses down my neck.

"She is beautiful isn't she boys?" Esphen asked everyone in the room.

A bunch of "yeah's" filled the room along with laughs and whistles.

"See I share everything with my boys, once I get what I want from you the rest can too" Esphen whispered in my ear.

Suddenly the door slammed open and standing there was someone whom could fix this all.