Chapter 26: Flirt

Lilyanne's POV

--A week later--

I watched the sunlight shine through my window as the beautiful rays of sunshine landed on different things around the room.

While laying in bed I held my baby girl to my chest. So small and perfect.

Looking down I traced the wrinkles on her face like I always did. She scrunched her nose trying to stop what I was doing. A little squeak erupted from her mouth.

"Okay fine I will stop" I laughed holding my hand up in surrender.

I glanced around to find that Erin and Charleston were still gone.

"Do you want to go find Daddy and Brother?" I asked Clarissa as if she was going to reply.

Her hand moved around her face until her thumb found her mouth. I placed Clarissa on the bed and walked to my closet. Slipping on a simple purple dress, I tied my hair into tight braids, and fixed the bandages across my torso.

"Let's go baby girl" I whispered, while placing gentle little kisses all over her face.

I picked her up I placed her in my arms resting her against my chest.

Walking in the hallways the walls were painted a new shade of yellow, covering up the invasion from before.

I stopped and smelt some freshly cut flowers sitting in a vase, they smelt wonderful.

My mind played memories of Dax carefully setting up all the flowers. Especially the ones in my room. His smile was contagious and his heart was as large as life.

"Your uncle was the best" I smiled at Clarissa.

"Someday this will be your job" I heard a voice say in the distance.

As I got closer I realized it was Erin.

"You will be such a good ruler" Erin said as I turned the corner.

He was talking to Charleston while walking around his office.

"But wasn't Clarissa born first?" I asked.

Erin turned around and smiled, "there are our top priorities!"

He walked forward and pecked my lips.

"If we were your top priorities wouldn't you be in bed with us cuddling?" I laughed.

"Why darling I only wanted to get the crying baby out of the room, you and Clarissa both need your beauty rest" he smiled.

"How kind" I chuckled.

"I love you" he whispered kissing behind my ear.

"Erin our children are around" I pulled back.

"One day they will learn how they were made, my charm and your sexy body" he smirked.

My mouth fell open in shock, the old Erin was back... but I loved it.

"You are just too much sometimes" I smiled.

"Only for you" he winked.

He grabbed my hand locking his fingers with mine. We both walked out of the office down the hallway.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Breakfast, we have to eat"

Just then my stomach growled as if that were its cue.

"My queen is starving and that just can't happen" he smiled.

I looked up at his face and it was so carefree and happy. He had become a father and was loving it. After the invasion he became his happy self again realizing what he could lose.

We made our way to the dinning hall to find everyone in there. Erin and I set the twins in little bassinets against the wall and walked to our seats.

Food covered the table from cereal to scones.

"What are you in the mood for darling?" Erin asked me.

"Fruit, most definitely fruit! Oh and some scones..."

"You love your sweet stuff don't you?"

"That's why I love you" I nudged his arm.

He leaned forward kissing my forehead, "I love you too darling."

My father cleared his throat getting our attention, "good morning everyone!"

We all smiled and greeted him back.

"Let us all eat now!" He cheered.

With those words everyone leaned forward grabbing their food.

I glanced over at my brother and saw that him and Annabeth were smiling at each other. He placed his hand on her cheek and rubbed his thumb on her lips.

She quickly pushed his hand down laughing scanning around if anyone saw, but never catching my eyes.

I poked Erin and he leaned towards me, "yes?"

"Look at your sister and my brother" I laughed.

He turned his head and laughed, "well well."

"That's adorable" I said to him.

"What can I say, us Calliwell's are irresistible!" He smirked.

"Oh my, you are so full of yourself" I whispered.

In one swift movement he placed a hand on my thigh, "really?" He asked.

I swallowed my strawberry and could feel my face heating up, what a tease.

He smiled and turned away moving his hand while whispering, "we will finish this later."

"Remember I am still healing, you can't do anything" I smirked.

Again he whispered into my ear, "there is so much I could do to you without having to worry about your incisions."

I looked up with a bright red face to see if anyone heard our conversation, but all I saw was a happy family. A family that had been beaten, but grew stronger together.
--------------

There is still a small little twist coming up in the book, what do you think might happen?