Chapter 23: Last Words

Lilyanne's POV

I laid on my bed starring at the ceiling, I was nervous.

Today would be the day that I would marry Erin. I would become a wife and then a mother very soon after that.

Who knew that at age 20 my life would be so already on track.

My birthday was the last thing on my mind. It is a month after the babies are supposed to be due, but I know I will be too focused on them to pay attention to anything.

The kids will have a good life, my parents and Erin's parents will be wonderful grandparents. Conor and Annabeth will be great uncles/aunts. Then, Dax will be one heck of a guardian angel.

As I laid there I rubbed my large belly and let all of these different scenarios play through my head of what life in the future could possibly bring.

Suddenly loud sirens sounded throughout the castle meaning there were people in the castle.

I jumped out of bed and ran into the hallway to make it to the safety tunnels.

Both of my hands wrapped around my stomach protecting my unborn children as I ran.

My bare feet slapped against the ground as I ran, echoing off the walls.

Within seconds a loud bang went off exploding throughout the hallways.

I dropped to the ground covering my stomach.

Where are they?

Slowly I got up scanning around.

Loud noises were coming from down the hallway so I turned and ran back the way I came.

As I ran, tears fell down my face. I was scared for my life, my children's lives, Erin's life, and my family's life. Running was all I thought to do for my survival.

Quickly I stopped at the sound of clicking metal.

"The princess is it?" A creepy voice asked.

I turned around to a man in a mask with green eyes holding a gun at me.

"Ye-s" I gulped.

Roughly he grabbed my arm and pulled me along.

"Got number four" the green-eyed man spoke into a walkie-talkie.

Four? Who did they have?

Forcefully I was pushed into the thrown room. I kept my head down towards the floor, afraid of what might be in the room.

"No! No! Get her out of here! No!" A voice screamed.

I snapped my head up to find Erin yelling for my release on the floor, tied up.

Another man appeared behind me and tied my hands with rope, throwing me to the floor across from everyone.

As I scanned the room I realized that Annabeth and Kriss were also a part of this capture.

"Perfect, this is perfect!" A lady laughed.

Slowly I turned my head over to the familiar voice and a smile lit up across her face, the witch that locked me up for years!

"Go to hell" I spat.

"My darling daughter, I have always wanted this country from the begging and what a better time to get it when no one is prepared. You all were happy and preparing for your happy lives. I tried to kill you but nothing worked and your stupid father continued to get in the way. When my little secret came out, your whore of a mother took over and became me!"

Slowly I moved back.

"This is what's going to happen, we are going to cut your hand off and then kill you Lilyanne, you know I can't get places without your handprint, next we will go find your parents in the secret safe rooms. Then I will kill them and take over, while the Isoten kingdom becomes under my rule."

"Never going to happen!" Kriss suddenly yelled.

My breath caught in my throat, no!

The witch walked over to Kriss while pulling out a knife, "oh your dead! Any last words?"

"I love you kids" She calmly spoke and within seconds the long metal went through her neck.

Piercing screams came from Annabeth and I.

"You bitch!" Erin spat.

The crazy woman just smiled, " you want to see bitch?"

Slowly she walked over to me and held the knife to my bare shoulder.

She pressed the blade against my skin dragging it.

I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out, only tears fell down my face.

She continued to place the knife on different parts of my body and cut.

"Stop!" Erin screamed, "stop hurting her! Hurt me!"

She lifted up my shirt and held the knife to my stomach, "no!" Erin and I both screamed in unison.

Slowly she pressed down pulling slowly. Blood started to fall as it got deeper.

I lifted up my feet and kicked her in the head, causing her to hit the floor.

"What an ungrateful brat you are!" She yelled running at me.

Within seconds she was on top of me holding the knife above my head. Pulling her hand back  she stabbed the knife into my chest, right under my collar bone.

Every inch of my body screamed in pain. I held my chest and screamed. My body started to feel lighter and my hearing zoned in and out as if I were listening to static.

A bang went off in the room and as I looked over, Conor had a shotgun along with my father and Romero.

My eyes drifted to the ceiling up at the lights as they flickered. My tears stopped running as I felt weak to even cry. The fear and panic of dying was no longer eating at me, I would be at peace. I would be with Dax.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and I turned my head as the room spun around me.

Erin was holding my face and saying things, but I couldn't hear anything over the ringing in my ears.

My eyes became heavy along with my body. It was too much to fight and I knew I wasn't going to be able to stay awake much longer.

I lifted my hand and placed it on his, "Get these babies out of me, they can't die with me too."

My head rolled to the side as I watched feet shuffle along the floor, losing all control of my body the darkness consumed me.