Chapter 37 | Make A Run For It

As soon as I stepped out of my bathroom, dressing myself down in my black sweater and dark blue denim skinny jeans with my feet in my black boots, I found Luke was reading one of John Green's books that I kept on one of the shelves in a wall behind my bed.

I cleared my throat loudly, "What did I say about touching my things?"

Luke glanced up at me with a grin before he continued perusing the book titled Looking For Alaska in his hand, "I didn't know you have a collection of John Green's works."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me," I sat in front of my dressing table and combed my hair, carefully not to reveal the marks at the nape of my neck.

"Like, the two strangers you were taking a picture with?" He brought up about the picture.

"I don't want to talk about that," I stated without looking at him.

If he didn't tell me about that weird, depressed girl we saw the night at his little cousin's birthday party, then I wasn't going to utter a word about that picture. An eye for an eye.

"Are you ready?" The bad boy changed the subject as he put the book back to its place, trying not to have an argument when our goal here was actually be freed from this confinement.

"Ready to roll," I glanced at my reflection for the last time before I sauntered towards him.

"Okay," he unlocked the sash window in front of him and pulled it up. "I'll go first, then I'll catch you."

"Is it safe?" I suddenly felt uncertain about the safety of our getaway.

"As long as you are with me, you'll be safer than ever, cheesecake," Luke smiled.

I didn't have any other thoughts or ideas of how to escape from two weeks of captivity. This was my only chance. So, I knelt myself down on my bed in front of the window as I watched Donovan climbed out the window and straightened his long beautiful legs, reaching the edge of the roof cautiously then stayed there, turning his head towards me, waiting for me to catch up with him.

It seemed to me like he had done this before frequently.

"Now, come on," he whispered harshly, extending his hand toward me.

Carefully, I took my legs out of the window and left them hanging there with my hands still holding the window frame—somehow, having a second thought in this plight.

"Come on, cheesecake. We don't have much time left," Luke desperately tried to make me slid down this roof to be with him.

It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Since my legs were not that beautifully long like Luke's, which made it harder for me to reach where he was standing right now. I might need to slide my ass down this roof a little.

So, I reached for his hand first and held it tightly before I pushed myself off the ledge of the window, sliding down the roof shortly while restraining myself from screaming by biting my bottom lip really hard.

"See? It's not that hard," Donovan said.

"Yeah, for a guy with long legs," I panted.

"Now, let's climb that tree," he pointed at the branch that appeared to be strong enough for us to stand on projecting towards us from a tree in front of us.

With my hand was still in his grip, he led the way carefully to the tree by walking on the branch slowly, keeping our eyes on every single step we took. When we finally reached the tree, Luke went down the tree trunk by holding onto the branches as he climbed down nimbly.