Chapter 41 | Change of Plan

[A/N:] Sorry guys. I have a problem with the next chapter and i can only publish this one. This chapter is completed in a rush, so excuse me if you find any grammar mistakes, hanging sentences, misspells and stuffs. I was trying to publish it on time.

Don't worry about the next chapter. I'll fix it and publish it as soon as I can later.

I feel EXTREMELY HORRIBLE for not being able to fulfil my promise of posting two chapters. :'( please forgive me for letting you down. I am terribly sorry. But I hope you enjoy this one.

***

"Are we really going to Ned's house on a bike?" I asked as I sat on the bike with him at the front. "I mean, it takes two hours to get there."

"Do you want to go by car then?" Luke looked at me over his shoulder. "If that's so, we can go back home and get my car."

"You made it sounds like it's our home," I scoffed.

"Because it will be ours, cheesecake," he confidently stated.

"Okay, Mr Dream-A-Lot. Let's just get back to your house and get your car," I patted his helmet twice.

"Alright. Anything for you," then he fired up the ignition and drove back to his house to get his car.

I preferred to go by car for a long ride, two hours was a very long time and my butt would totally be numb afterward. And I also might fall off my seat if I dozed off along the ride.

On our way to his house, my mind went somewhere else, thinking about Tyler and Alice. The thought of her falling for my own friend—well, more like 'obsessing' over my friend, just couldn't get out of my head. It kept bothering me and I was dying, in desperate need of a purely complete explanation for this riddle.

Because my friend was involved in this situation.

Perhaps, Alice had fallen for Tyler ever since she moved in next door. I knew Tyler very well, he could be very friendly to someone new. Someone who was especially a girl. But why did she lie about having a crush on Luke? And she even got herself disguised as me. Why did she do that?

There must be a reason behind all of her doings. It was possible if she did that just to get rid of me from school, so she could get closer to Tyler. Possibly.

Or maybe, she really was an informant to that Doofus Dooley. Maybe, Mr Dooley told her to act like she was obsess with Luke, so that it wouldn't be obvious as she was stalking him. Maybe, she'd met Mr Dooley beforehand. And maybe, Mr Dooley paid everything for her to carry on this plan. It'd made so much sense now.

However, I still remembered about her mom scolding her not to hang around with a guy like Tyler. I frowned at that thought. That woman even mentioned about the change of her daughter that obviously caused by the guy next door. Was it a bad change, perhaps?

I sighed in frustration mentally, practically giving up on thinking of the conclusions to end all these mysteries and questions that had been lingering in my head for a very long time. Luke's family history and that girl from his little cousin's birthday party were still sitting at the back of my head, waiting for the clarifications from his mouth without leaving any words on his tongue unsaid.

All of those thoughts were compressing my brain and I wasn't sure if I was in the right state of mind currently. Gladly, I was no longer Max's fake girlfriend. If I was still holding that status, I was guessing that my brain would have to find a new head to live in.

When we finally arrived back at Luke's house, quickly we got off the bike and took off our helmets since we only had three minutes left before midnight.