Chapter 48 | His Own Will

"Since I'm in a very great mood right now and I don't want to ruin it especially when our flight is in less than three hours, so I just want you to tell me how did you become Luke's girlfriend. And please be completely honest with me, okay?" Ben calmly requested as we were having a breakfast together in the kitchen with Sara. His request sounded more like a demand to me, although he added 'please' which he rarely uttered. Maybe because I was very used to listening to him barking out rather than speaking collectedly as he was currently.

"You should make a promise with her," Sara suggested, sipping on her hot coffee.

"What promise?"

"That you would listen to her carefully instead of interrupting her explanation just like you always do," she made a good proposition.

"Is that even necessary?" Ben frowned.

"Yes," his wife and I answered synchronously.

He rolled his eyes while a groan of irritation released from his mouth, "Fine. I promise."

"Are you really not going to say anything as I tell you the whole thing?" I doubted him. There was no way he could easily shut his mouth up when the cat was out of the bag. He was a drama queen, there must be a word he'd spit it out.

"Yes, I solemnly swear," he nodded. "Now, talk."

"Okay," I shrugged and took a deep breath before I began. "Luke told me that he likes me—"

"What?!" Ben rose to his feet immediately.

"Calm down, big guy," Sara pulled his arm to make him sit his ass back down on his chair. "You've made a promise just now, remember?"

"I haven't told you the whole thing yet and you're already about to flip the table," I shook my head.

The newly wedded man inhaled sharply with his eyes closed and his wife sat by his side, her arms wrapped around his arm and I could see the anticipation in her face. There were two completely different pictures ahead of me—I saw a sullen look, anger scribbling his face and the urge of wanting to yell could be seen from his posture whereas the other one had a wide teasing grin, eager to know what happened next. They were totally opposite in this case.

"Go on," Sara said enthusiastically.

"He claimed me as his girlfriend in front of his family when we were at her daughter's birthday party last week. I guess, he's just doing it for the hell of it. So, that's why they called me Luke's girlfriend," I ended my elucidation with a munch of apple.

"Why did he bring you there?" And the interrogation had somehow commenced once Ben spat his question out.

"Duh, because he likes her," Sara flicked her spouse's ear.

"That's not the answer I'm looking for," and he flicked hers back.

"You asked her to explain about her being his girlfriend and that's it. You can't inquire anything beyond that," she stated.

"But—"

"Now, you should go take a shower," Sara put in, patting Ben's chest before she got up and cleaned up the table. "We need to see my parents before we get to the airport."