Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The longest weekend

** Ethan**

{Friday at firehouse}

“Man, it is packed out at Platinum. Do you know what is going on their?” Curtis asked me. “Journee said something about a red light special they having.” I say lowly and nonchalant. “That’s why you sitting around here looking all sad.” “She is really smart and funny.” “You like her?” “How can a person take so much yet still think of other?” “Come on Ethan let’s go.” “Where.” “You will see.”

Pulling up at the club I was surprised yet disappointed at the same time. “Curtis I can’t go in there.” “Why not? You have before.” “That was different I was getting her to come to church with me.” “Your disguises are in the back seat if you decide to come in. I’m sure Journee will be happy to see you.” “She won’t.” Curtis got out the car and walked in leaving me alone in the car.

After what seem like forever but only five minutes I saw Journee come out the back door she was on the phone. I got out the car and walked up to her. “No sir, I’m still not ready just let it stay for now.” I heard her say. ‘wonder who she is talking to.’ “Yes sir, bye.’ When she hung up then was about to go back in I said her name slowly.

“Ethan what are you doing here?” “Curtis dragged me here.” “Really. Well then where is he?” I laugh at her looking around. “He’s inside.” “You’re not coming inside?” “I can’t go back inside. I went before to get you to come to my church.” “I got to go I’m up next to dance, but before I do how is the lady you went to see?” “She died. Funeral is Sunday after church.” “I’m sorry. I have to go.” “Bye song bird.” “You really should see me dance again.” She laughs as she goes back inside.

Is she right should I go in and see her. I mean I can just watch her do this one dance and then we leave. Before I realized it, I was inside sitting next to Curtis. “I see you came to see her.” “I just saw her outside on the phone. After she dances we are leaving.” “That works for me.”

“Now coming to the stage is Chocolate Goddess”

I watched Journee come out in red lace dress the has split going all the way up her leg. I watch her closely as the song starts. Hearing all the men yell at her saying some disgraceful things made me upset but she is use to it.

I the middle of the song she takes of the dress and men begin throwing more money at her. Looking at her doing all these things on the pole twisting and turning her body. 

Her clothes keep coming off as another song comes on. Men reaching grabbing at her as if they want to devour her right their anger starts rushing through my veins, yet I can’t be mad this is her job.

“Hey man you alright?” “Look at all of them around her and how they looking at her.” “You ready to admit it?” “Admit what?” “That you like her.” “Curtis” “Its fine if you do. Y’all are together all the time and look what happen when she thought it was your church that burned down.” “It’s not that easy. Can we go.” “We can.” I looked up at the stage one finally time and that’s when our eyes connected.