Chapter 42

Saving US

** Journee ** 
(Thursday)

I plop into bed tired from packing I take a deep breath close my eyes tight and let out a loud silent scream. I sit and grab the picture of Oliver and I and smile. I hold the picture close to my heart and whispter “Mommys coming to see you soon.” At that moment, my phone went off snatching me out of my thoughts. I look at my phone and it shows a text from Ethan saying he wants to see me tonight. I ignor and toss my phone back on the bed beside me and head to the living room.
After watching Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights I went to take a shower. I noticed on my phone blinking. ‘Ethan doesn’t stop does he.’  I said to myself but to surprise it wasn’t him. I quickly called back.

“Hey You called.”
“Yes, ma’am I did.”
“I’m sorry I missed your called. Is something wrong?”
“Oh, no everything is fine. Can we go out tonight?” 
“Go out?”
“yes, like dinner. Come on. What else do you have to do?”
“This is not a date right.”
“No Journee its not.”
“I’ll go and I’ll be ready when you get here.”
“I’ll be there in about an hour or a little later.”
“See you then.” 
After hanging up I went and took my shower. When I got out I looked for something to wear. When I got done with that I lotion my skin and did my hair and make-up. Soon as I finished getting dressed I heard a knock at my door. I grabbed everything I needed and open to the door to reveal Curtis smiling at me.

“You ready” “Yes I am.” We walked to his car and he spoke. “Your very nice tonight.” “Thank you. You look nice yourself.” “Where should we go eat?” “Where ever they serve liquior.” We both laughed and took off. “How about Texas Longhorn.” “Sounds good to me Curtis.”

We finally go to the restaurant and walked inside and was greeted by young man hosting. “Welcome to Texas Longhorn. How many in your party?” “Two please.” “Right this way please.” We got settled and I said thank you. “Someone will be over shortly to take your order. Enjoy yourself.”

When the waitress got their she was eyeing Curtis really hard. I laughed at her actions. “Sir what would you like to drink.” She asked while licking her lips and giving flirty looks. “Journee please say what you want.” She turned and looked at me. “Ma’am what would you like.” “I would like about six black and blue margaritas through dinner and then later some strawberry daiquiri. For my non- alcohic drinks I would like a raspberry tea. I would like porterhouse baked potato and salad please.” “And you sir.” “Half tea and lemonade and T-Bone steak and fries please.” “I will get your drinks out soon as I can. And Your dinner will be out a little bit later.” “Thank you.”

“Thank you ordered enough drinks.” “Probley not” We both laughted. “Curtis why did you ask me to dinner.” “Well your leaving and I don’t know when I’ll see you again. I wante to spend some time with my friend. It that a crime?” “No, its not. I just didn’t think you liked me much.”  “What gave you that impression?” At this time, our drinks came. I waited until she left before I started talking. I took a sip of my margarita.
“This is really good. I spend time with Ethan and I know what people say about me and what they think. I assumed you was the same. The good boy with the whore girl.” “First don’t call yourself that. Honestly, I was that way at first but the more I got to know you things changed. I don’t know everything about you but I’m learning.” “Thank you for your honesty.” “Speaking of Ethan, when do you plan to say bye to him. “I don’t plan to. We said enough the last time I saw him.” “Like what.” “I basically said bye.” I then drunk some more of my drink.

“I think he wants to see you befor you leave.” “That certainly isn’t happening. Can we not talk about Ethan any more?” “I didn’t mean to upset you.” “You didn’t.” At that time, our food came. “Can you bring me another drink?” “Yes ma’am.” 

After we finished our meal we left and still laughted and talked on the way back to my place. When I open the door to my house I was completely caught off guard. “What the hell.”

”