Chapter 29

The Truths of a Liar has Many Faces  

**Journee**

{next day}

Laying in bed thinking about what Ethan asked me and everything I told him. I held back the worse. I look at the picture of myself and my son and I see how much he looks like me. I try hard to think of who his dad could be but I don’t know. My at the time foster dad had all of his friends taking turns on me but I know it was one of the seven black men.

After taking me a shower I decided to go shopping I need some new things to dance in. While in the mall I saw the girl, Curtis is dating looking at a dress and I decide to say a quick hello to her. “Um excess me, but aren’t you Curtis’s girlfriend?” “Am I dating who?” “Curtis! Y’all were at the karaoke club a few backs.”  “Oh yeah, you are the woman who was singing.” “Yes, I sung that night. How did you and Curtis meet? Y’all make a beautiful couple.” “Who?” I looked at her confused. “Oh, me and my baby have been together a short time, but that don’t mean I don’t care about him.” “This is a lovely dress you are eyeing. Do you and Curtis have plans for tonight?” “Yes, we do. I think dinner.” “Sounds nice. I wish you and Curtis the best.” “I mean if you like Curtis you can take him from me.”  “Excuse me.” “I mean you could try.” I looked at her strange before leaving.

When I got home I thought about telling Ethan about this strange conversation and decided against. Maybe it was a miss slip but it didn’t seem like it. The look on her is what makes me question and then she asked who was Curtis. I think to myself. ‘What is going on?’

Laying on the couch watching television when my phone rings I see that it’s Stan and I really don’t want to answer the phone but I do any way. When I do he is so excited and ordering me to get to the club soon as I can.

When I walk inside I see Skylar a waitress who works here only on slow days because she goes to school. “Hey Sky how are you doing?” “I’m doing. Ready to go. I got a 700-word paper due in three days.” “I honestly envy you. I wish I would of went to college.” “You know it’s never too late Journee.” She was about to say something else when her phone went rung. “It’s my older sister Molly she said with a board look on her face. I laugh at her facial expression. “Everybody says we look alike.” She turned her phone towards me. “Oh, my God.” I say quick. “What’s wrong nothing answer your phone I’ll talk to you in a few.” I walked quickly to Stan’s office.

“Hey Stan, you called and I got here. What is so damn urgent I had to drop everything and come here?” “Well you know how there is the summer’s best of the best strippers. Best strippers all over go to the top strip clubs all over the states.” “Yes, what about it.” “They are doing one in a few months and someone asked about you.” “Who asked and how much am I getting.” “Paying you is going to be tricky. You will not be getting an upfront payout because you will be keeping all of your money. Each club you dance at has to pay me a percentage for you dancing at their club.” “That sounds good how many places?” “15 club’s totals and you will be doing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.” “This is do able, but I don’t know. Can I think about it and let you this weekend?” “That’s fine but this is good for you Journee.” “Thanks, bye Stan. I then got up and left and went back home.” 

**Ethan**

I rush through my house hearing loud knocking at the door I swung the door open to see a very angry Curtis.

“Curtis what is it?” I asked in a concerned tone. “Man, you want believe what just happen.” I open the door motion for him to come in. We sit on the couch and that’s when Curtis started. “Chloe hired Rose.” My heart stopped, boiled,

and went to ice all at the same time. “What did you just say.” “Apparently, Chloe meet her and she hired her to come after me so Chloe could get to you.”

I couldn’t even believe what I’m hearing, but I know it’s true. “How did you find out?” “We were having dinner and I been noticing how she acting. Then I asked how did her and Chloe meet? Her response was different than before. When I called her out on her lies she knew she was caught and told everything. I paid and then left and came straight here. You needed to know what is going on Ethan.” “I’m sorry that Chloe brought you into her web of lies and schemes.” “Ethan it’s not your fault but I have to go I’ll see you tomorrow.”

When we said out good-byes and I just went and prayed asking God for strength and guidance. 

Comment:

Vote: