Chapter 4

"I thought I killed you" Klaus murmured from behind me.

"I guess it's good you didn't since you, Elijah, and the girl you are protecting would have been dead." I told him glancing over my shoulder. I only stared at Klaus's grim face for a few seconds before turning my attention back to Esther.

"Ah, so you improved the spell." She noted as she saw I had her full attention. The spell she was talking about was the one that transform into a vampire. I changed it so that I was able to remain a witch also. That came at a price but I didn't regret it.

"As you can see." I whispered as I barred my fangs at her, knowing the boys couldn't see them.

"But why protect them? You could be with me, on my side, my dear." She said motioning behind her. I extended my body to see who was behind her. What I saw made me drop my jaw. It was Mikael, our father.

"The Destroyer" I spoke softly. Even though this man was my father he went against everything I stood for. He burned cities killing innocent people and vampires. I could hear Klaus take a step back and I even heard Elijah move from him spot.

"Irene, I suggest we move." His breath tickled my ear. I shook my head and stared Mikael down.

"You would want me to stop protecting them to join your side where I would be attacking them? Are you insane? That would be going against what I stand for." I told Esther as I continued to stare at Mikael.

"Well, I see we are at crossroads. Mikael, if you please," She spoke gesturing towards us. Mikael grinned and started to come towards us.

"Get Hayley out of here!" Elijah shouted.

"Don't move, you are safe here" I told them. Mikael gave a growl before he went to sprint but it was a mere second before he smashed into my barrier. He popped his nose back into place as he glared at me. I gave him a smirk.

"What a smart child, come Mikael," Esther murmured before turning and walking away. We all stood there watching Ester and Mikael leave, we didn't relax until they were completely out of sight.

"What a dick" The girl, I assume Hayley, said. I turned towards her and gave a nod.

"How were you able to stop our mother?" Elijah asked looking at me confused. I gave shrug, I don't owe them anything.

"Isn't Esther the original witch? Wouldn't that make Esther stronger than some girl?" Hayley asked turning toward Klaus. Once again I just shrugged.

"You are really infuriating" Klaus said exasperated. I just rolled my eyes.

"Tell us what you know!" He screeched at me. Elijah stepped in front of his brother putting a hand on his shoulder trying to keep him calm.

"You tell me something I want to know and you can ask one question, deal?" I asked holding out my hand.

"I am not playing around, I will tear your family limb from limb and make you watch," Klaus growled.

"Right, anyways, this barrier that is surrounding us, there is one surrounding Blue Hill. Try me, Niklaus." I told him giving him a smile. I could read the anger on his face.

"Brother, she did save us. Just give her a chance?" Elijah whispered in Klaus's ear.

"Fine, what do you want to know, girl?" Klaus seethed through his teeth.

"Why do you need Erikah's grimoire? All the spells in there use ancient magic, something that can't be used by any of the witches in New Orleans," I said pointing to the grimoire that was laying near the wall.

"I had a child and our mother is here to kill her. I need a spell to stop her." Klaus spoke, his face softening when he mentioned his child. He actually cared about his child.

"How are you so powerful?" Elijah interjected before Klaus could ask me a question.

"Simple, I'm a Mikaelson witch." I replied. Elijah's eye widen and Hayley looked confused.

"What? We were all turned into vampires" Klaus told me.

"Actually, according to Erikah's journals, she was the last child of Esther and Mikael. Esther became pregnant and hid it from Mikael. In the letter Ester wrote Erikah, she said she feared for her life and what Mikael was about to make her do. So, she hid Erikah with a friend, Ayanna." I replied looking as Elijah and Klaus's eyes widen and a look of surprise hit both of their faces.

"And with good faith." Elijah murmured as he took in what I had said.

"So, how does that make you stronger than Esther?" Elijah asked.

"Erikah made a deal with the ancestors. When witches die, there power is given over to the ancestors through burial and ritual. Erikah was able to make a deal for more power for her and her future offspring. The ancestors obliged but only 1 person each generation became a witch" I told them. I didn't trust them enough yet to tell them that I was Erikah. After all the stories that followed the original vampires, I couldn't.

"That's some messed up crap," Hayley was the first to say anything. I mean if they new the actually truth, it would be even more confusing.

"So, you are related to us?" Klaus asked.

"Yes, and I am more powerful then Esther" I answered back with a shrug.

"You didn't stop me from killing you." Klaus countered.

"The magic has to be awaken. I can't just be a magic source for witches and other people to steal from. It's a safety measure and a result of the deal." I let them know.

The ancestors were all to greedy to have someone at there bend and will as powerful as me. Even if it meant longevity, rather then immortality, for me. I was not going to live forever and I knew what I signed up for when I made that deal. Avenging my family and protecting them was worth it all.