Chapter 11

"Finally!" Damon chirped jumping to his feet. I jumped to my feet as well.

"What, was I boring you with witch history, Damon?" I asked giving a chuckle.

"Always impatient," Bonnie commented as she came up to the barrier. She took a look at the salt and felt the barrier with her hand. "It's strong. Esther went through a lot to keep you in there"

"What can I say, I tend to be a thorn in everyone's side. She wants to make sure I won't get out of here" I told Bonnie as I moved closer to the barrier. I could feel the surge of power from it and I knew that it was going to take some strength to release it.

"Erikah...." Elijah started to say. I knew what he was going to say, he didn't need to.

"Elijah, you aren't responsible for any of your family's action. Besides, it is in the job description." I told him flashing a smile. It's not his fault his brother is an impulsive jerk or that Esther and Mikael are murderous who want to kill their own children, as well as it not being my fault.

I knew well and good what I was getting myself into transforming into a vampire and deciding to atone for my family. I also knew what I was getting into when I came to New Orleans to help save them, even though Klaus tried to kill me. Family is a major part of my life and I would give my life for any of them, especially for them back home in Maine.

"Plediaf i'r rhwystr hwn ddiflannu.." The Bennett witch slowly chanted. I could feel the energy of the barrier decrease. Now was the time, I took a step forward and moved my foot to brush away the salt. I could feel my legs start to shake, my energy was low and I had to remove this magic barrier in order to restore my strength. 

As soon as I moved the salt, the barrier dropped and I felt my strength being restored.

"Let's go. Esther is on the move and we can't let her get Hope." I murmured walking past them.

"Can you transport us there? We are about 100 miles from New Orleans; Esther went to great lengths to keep you far away." Elijah explained as he caught my arm. 100 miles? That's too far, we wouldn't make it back in time.

"Yes, teleportation would be best.." I murmured thinking if I even had enough strength back yet.

"Erikah, are you sure that you're strong enough? Being in that barrier was a lot for you" Damon asked me as I grabbed his hand. I noticed Bonnie grabbing Elijah and Damon as well.

"I'm fine. We need to get back as fast as possible," I told him as I started to envision the compound.

"Erikah..." Damon began but my head snapped up to him.

"Damon! I'm fine!" I told him before I started my spell. "Symud fi, dewch â mi atynt. Dewch ataf deulu, hynafiaid." I felt Bonnie's magic flow through me as well. I kept chanting and chanting before I could feel it; the feeling of moving and when I opened my eyes we were back in the compound. I smile and took a step towards the stairs.  A wave of nausea went through and I stumbled, I felt strong arm catch me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Damon. A look of concern flashed across his face.

"Klaus!" Elijah shouted and my attention went back to my family. I brushed Damon off me and listened. I could hear one person moving around upstairs, in one of the bedrooms. I bolted towards the person and I felt their energy as I got closer.

"Freya," I murmured as I came to a stop in front of her. A smile crept on her face as turned from the window.

"Esther thought it would take you a lot longer to get out of the barrier." She stated.

"Where is she?" I seethed through my teeth.

"Probably giving Hope to Dahlia by now," Freya told me as she took a step closer. "Isn't it great? We can be a family now!" She exclaimed.

Freya was crazy I thought as I felt the boys come up behind me.

"Freya, that is your niece. Hope is our family!" I told her. A look of confusion past over her face.

"But....but Mother says we have to give her to Aunt Dahlia, but I have to stay here so Dahlia won't find me and she will be too busy with Hope to continue to look for me." She started to pull on her fingers. Something was off with her.

"Where are they, Freya?' Elijah asked taking a step closer to Freya.

Freya's confusion turned into a frown.

"WE DON'T NEED HER!" Freya shouted at Elijah, clenching her fists. Elijah held ups his hands in retreat. I knew we weren't going to be getting anything out of her willingly. I softly began chanting to slowly crept into her mind. Her mind was easy to penetrate, our mother has probably been doing it for awhile.

I picked through a few bits before I found what we needed. I slowly back up and started to pull Elijah with me. He faltered for a moment before he followed my lead.

"Freya, you're our sister, just like Hope is our niece." I explained to her. "We protect our family...."

Once I noticed everyone but Freya was out of the room, I threw up a magic barrier to prevent her from leaving. I faltered as the spell took a lot of energy. Elijah hands caught me. I smiled towards him.

"As Mikaelsons, we fight for our family," Elijah finished for me. Freya's faced turned to anger.

"You can forget about Hope! SHE DOES NOT MATTER!" Freya yelled taking a few steps toward us. 

"Freya, you don't matter if you are willingly to give up your niece as a sacrifice," I told her. Someone had to knock some sense into her.

"YOU DON'T MATTER!" She screeched at me as she charged me. I gave a small chuckle as she hit the barrier and bounced back. Her face became like a tomato as she got more and more angry.

"You will pay for this!" She seethed between her teeth as I waved bye to her.

"They are at the ancestor burial grounds, we need to get there now," I told Elijah, Damon, and Bonnie as I turned towards them.

"Let's go save our niece," Elijah told me.