Lucian

Lucian and Nico went to wash up and get ready for dinner.    Kara prepared the fish and placed them in the oven.  She also made some rice and biscuits.  When everything was done, she called out for Nico and Lucian.  They both ran out of their rooms and down the steps.

When Kara served him some cooked fish, the boy just stared at the plate.  "What's wrong?" she asked after noticing his expression.  "What's this?" he asked while picking on the food with his fork.  "Well, that's rice, and that's some of the fish you and Mark caught," she explained as she sat down to eat.   "It doesn't look like the fish we caught," he said while still playing for his food.

Nico noticed that Kara felt bad thinking that Lucian didn't like the way here cooking looked.  So, "Lucian, just try this food.  You did tell me earlier that you like to try different types of food.  Here's your chance.  Go ahead and try some." he suggested as he began to eat his food.   Lucian trusted the food.    Lucian expression change completely.  The smile he had was a least a mile long. "So, how is the fish?" asked Nico   "It's, really, really good." he said    "Thank you, sweetie, " said Kara    They all finished their dinner.  Lucian was tired, he asked to be excused.   He ran upstairs, laid on the bed, and within minutes he was asleep.

Nico and Kara cleaned up the kitchen then headed to bed.   Kara fell asleep quickly, but Nico couldn't sleep at all.  The boy's eyes were glowing blue.  Then, like a fish, this kid dives into the water and literally catches lots of fish.  I'm so confused right now, I can't sleep.  How did he do that?  He did look like a dolphin the way he was jumping in and out of the water.  Maybe, if I close my eyes, I might just fall to sleep." he thought to himself, which works because, after five minutes, Nico was snoring up a storm.

Now the following morning, Lucian was up before Kara and Nico.   He went downstairs and fix three bowls of cereal, he took his without milk.  Then left the other two bowls on the table for Kara and Nico.   He sat in front of the TV  to watch some cartoons.   Suddenly he remembers that there was still some uncooked fish in the refrigerator.  He quickly went and grabbed a large piece of raw fish.  He bites on it and chewed on the bones like a pro.   Somehow his mouth change and his teeth were no longer normal, they were pointing and sharp like a small shark.  When he was done, he cleans the mess he made and washed his hands.   He then went back to his bowl of dry cereal and his cartoon.

Then Nico came walking down the steps.  "Good morning, little buddy," he said as he went into the kitchen and turned on the coffee machine.  "Good morning, Mr. Nico," said Lucian with a smile.  I see now that you fix yourself a bowl of cereal." he said   "Yes, without any milk." the boy replied as he walked to the kitchen.   "Lucian, you know you don't have to call me Mr. Nico.  If you like you can call me Nico, Uncle Nico, or even Papa Nico.  But the Mr. does have to stop.  By the way, why does it still smell like fish?  We clean up all the mess." he said.  "No problem.  If you don't mind, I will like to call you Dad, that's if it's alright with you?  And about that fish smell, don't have a clue." he asked with a gentle smile.  "Sure, that'll be great.  Makes me feel important," said Nico  

"Really?" asked the boy  "Yes, Really.  Look, we really need to talk about a couple of things." said Nico as he sat Lucian down.   "You want to talk about what?" he asked   "I'm going to ask you a bush of question, while I'm asking them, if for any reason Kara comes down the steps, we must stop the conversation until we are alone.  You can't-do those things that you did yesterday in front of other people.   You see I'm a good man, but Lucas is a bad man.  How long were you living with him?" Nico asked  

"Don't really know.  Wait I have this," he said as he shows him a small clear plastic bag with lots of fish rid bones.   Nico looked at the bag of fish bones and laughed, "Boy what is that?" he asked again  "Well, for every day that I've been away from my patient, I kept a bone from one of the fishes that I had for dinner that night.  So, if I count them, it will give me a number of days that I've been away." explained Lucian as his expression became very depressing to look at.  "Hey, are you alright?" asked Nico trying to comfort the boy.  "I want to go home so badly.  Look at all these fish bones." the boy said as he spilled the bag contents on the table.   

Nico began to separate the bones by five which will make it easier for him to count.  Before he was done the counting,  "Mr. Nico, I mean Dad, it's been fifty-seven days that I've been separated from my people.  I really didn't realize it's been that long.  Can you help me go home?' Lucian asked   But before he could answer him, Kara was coming down the steps.   Nico gave the boy a funny warning look, and quickly the conversation was changed.