Chapter 1

I'm gonna be late.. I'm gonna be late
I hurriedly grabbed my bag and ran downstairs, only to be welcome by my mom. She was holding a glass of milk and instructed me to drink it before leaving.
I obliged and within few seconds I finished it before rushing outside.
"Khan Baba, Jaldi chalain" I said as I got inside the car.
Upon reaching the university, I was relieved to reach on time.
After university, I was waiting for khan baba on my usual spot. With each passing minute I got more impatient, wondering where he was. I dialed his number to inquire about his whereabout.
"Alizeh Baji" Just when I heard him shout my name as he arrived infront of me. I got seated in the car. I didn't complain about him being late, understanding there might be a reason behind it.
Upon reaching home, I wanted to go back to sleep but luck was not on my side today. As I entered the house, I heard voices from the living room. I assumed there might be some guests visiting us.
As I stepped in the living room, my eyes wander to see familiar faces which I haven't seen in years. He was in here too, sitting next to my brother. My heart started pounding, I could bet if there was a person beside me even he could hear my heart beat.
I ignored the fact that he was here and started to move towards everyone.
"Asalam-U-Alaikum" I said as confident as I could
Everyone greeted back except him. I knew he wouldn't say a word but I also knew his eyes were on me. I could see from the corner of my eyes, he was staring at me.
It still gives me goosebumps
I excused myself to get changed.
As I entered my room, I let out my breath as if I was holding it since the time I saw him.
I washed my face and got changed.
There was still time for lunch so I decided to be in my room. I lay down for a minute and closed my eyes when I heard my mobile beeped.

Unknown
Are these the manners you are brought up with? There are guests waiting downstairs for you.

I knew it was him but how could he know my number,Maybe he got it from my brother. I didn't replied thinking he wouldn't bother me again but man was I wrong.

Unknown
Alizeh, come downstairs or I'm coming up. You can't ignore me forever.!

I grabbed my dupatta before leaving the room. I inhaled and took baby steps towards the stairs. I heard someone coming upstairs. My heart was racing faster now, recalling the previous messages. Within a minute he was standing in front of me.
"Shahveer" I whispered
"Alizeh" he said with so much depth in his voice.
We stood there, looking in each other's eyes. It almost felt like our eyes were communicating, complaining about all the things what went wrong in our lives.
"It's almost lunch time" I said abruptly breaking the eye contact. I wished we could stay here forever, lost in each other's eyes.
Everyone was engrossed in the conversation except us. Time to time we would steal glances but I tried hard not to look at him.
"Alizeh bache, why are you so quiet today?" Shamsha aunty inquired
"Um-er.. I've always been like this aunty." I answered with whatever that came to my mind
"Nahi bache, you were quite talkative the last time we've met. I still remember you and shahveer would not let go of a single moment to tease each other."
"- We were kids back then maa." Shahveer interrupted
Everyone got silent. I could sense that they understood there was something wrong between us.
Way to go shahveer.
"Alizeh, go and check the guest room incase there is something missing." My mom instructed me while doing the dishes.
"Why?" I asked her out of curiosity
"Shamsha aunty and shahveer with stay with us until Amna's wedding" She replied back
"But there is still one week left for that"
"Just do what I've asked you." Mom said rather more irritated
I got the signal and did what she ask me to. One week with shahveer, he'll be staying with me under the same roof. I don't know if I was sacred or nervous. At night when everyone went to sleep, I went out to the terrace to clear my mind. I walked for few minutes when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Shahveer standing there.
"Hey." He said while looking in my eyes
"I-I.. should leave." I started to walk towards the door when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.
"Shahveer.." I uttered as my head was resting on his chest.
"Shh.. everyone is asleep." He confirmed before giving me a slight hug.
This was wrong, I can't hug him.
"This is wrong." I said while pushing him. Fortunately,He did let me go.
"We used to hug each other years back, it wasn't wrong then?" He slightly raised his voice
"Like you said, we were kids back then." I snapped.
We both kept quiet for awhile until he left with disappointment in his eyes. I hate seeing him like this but I had to do this as it was for the betterment of us.