Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, it was already Fajr time so I got up to pray. Today was one of those days when I only asked Allah for guidance, I felt lost since yesterday. I only want what's best for me and my family. After I was done with prayer, I went back to sleep as I had few more hours before getting ready for university.
I spent the last few minutes on my hijab as I wanted it to be perfect, not showing any strand of my hair.
Before going downstairs, I looked at myself one last time, to be sure whether I'm presentable. Not that I was trying to impress someone.
I grabbed my bad and rushed downstairs
"Alizeh.."
I stopped on my mum's voice.
"Khan baba went with your father. Don't know when will they return"
"Oh, well I'll call baba to ask about their return." I said as I started searching for my mobile in my bag.
"I can drop you if you want." I heard Shahveer as he entered the room.
"Oh thank you dear. I'll come with you too.Don't waste more time Alizeh, you're already late." My mom indicated. I could sense disappointment in
his eyes maybe he wanted to be alone with me. Maybe, just maybe.
I followed Shahveer to his car and sat at the back seat while my mom took the front seat.
During the whole journey, I could feel Shahveer looking at me through the rear mirror. This was one long journey even though it just takes 15 minutes drive from my house.
I said Allah Hafiz to my mom and got out of the car.
After university, I saw Khan Baba waiting for me. I was kind of hoping to see Shahveer instead of him.
Upon reaching home, it seem liked my mom and dad were having some heated discussion.
"Salam?" I said rather sounded more like a question
" Walaikum-Salam, bache." My dad responded while my mom looked away.
Now I was sure there was something wrong.
"Where's shamsha aunty?" I asked
"They went out for shopping" mom responded without making an eye contact.
"Okay, I'll be in my room."

......................................................................................
It was about tea time when I heard some people downstairs. I got up from the bed and went downstairs to see all my cousins downstairs meeting my parents.
"Amna!! Fatima!! Anoushay!!"  I screamed excitedly
They all one by one hugged me. I paid Salam to my uncle and aunty and went upstairs with my cousins.
"What a pleasant surprise?" I looked at them.
"Well Shahveer and shamsha aunty came to our house. Shahveer told us to come along."
"Oh." Was all I could say.
"He has grown to be more handsome" Anoushay exclaimed
"Yeah, I regret about getting married. If I knew he was this hot, I would've gotten married to him instead" Amna said while sitting next to me
"But I'm still single, I may have a chance with him." Fatima laughed.
"Not until I beat you." Anoushay interrupted
Both Fatima and Anoushay started arguing about who has a chance with Shahveer.
"Guys! Okay enough. We are here to spend some time with Alizeh, remember?" Amna tried to end their fight
"You're saying that cause you don't have a chance with him so you don't want any of us to get him." Fatima Winked at me
"Can we talk about Amna's Shadi?" I tried changing the topic "So are you nervous?"
"Maybe, I don't know but it feels like time is slipping out my hands." Amna said while looking at her hands
"Are you happy?" Anoushay asked the next question
"Bilal is a nice guy. I know he will keep me happy. So obviously I'm happy."
" What do you like the most about him." Fatima came up with her question
"Everything." Amna blushed.We all went awed on her answer
For the next one hour, We bombarded Amna with our questions until we were called down for dinner.
......................................................................................
While Dinner everyone was engaged in talking, not a single moment when someone was quiet.
"So Fatima, what are you studying?" Shamsha aunty asked
"Medical, aunty." Fatima said in low decent voice, the opposite of what she is
"Ma Sha Allah, so any plans for future." Her next question came
We all got the feeling why she was asking these questions. I slowly diverted my attention to Shahveer, who was already looking at me with a grin.
I knew what he was thinking, probably that this all might have some effect on me. Well to a point, it did hit me somewhere in my heart. I lowered my gaze and continued eating.
"So Fatima, are you interested in someone?" Shahveer asked while keeping his eyes on me. I nearly choked, how could he ask such direct question. He gave me the glass of water because of my continuous coughing.
"Alizeh bache, araam se khao." My mom said while rubbing my back.
I was too embarrassed to finish my food that I excused myself. I went straight to my bathroom, closing the door behind. I could see my whole face was red. Yup, that's how I embarrass myself infront of everyone, EVERYTIME.
"Alizeh are you okay?" I heard Amna's concern voice behind the door.
"Yeah, just give me a moment."I said while washing my face. I don't know why I rushed to the washroom, but since I didn't know what to do so I started washing my face.
I opened the door and came out of the bathroom when Amna out of sudden hugged me tightly.
"What happened? I'm fine. Something got stuck in my throat that's why I was choking." I assured her
"You like him, don't you?" Amna's question shocked me entirely.
"Wh-Who?" I stammered. I knew who she was indicating.
"You're stammering. That means you're lying. You know whom I'm referring to." Amna said with stern face.
"I-I don't know what you're saying. Let's go downstairs, everyone might be waiting." I avoid looking at her and tried to walk away when she grabbed my arm.
"If you do then I can talk to uncle and aunty." Amna said with assurance in her voice.
"No!"I answered quick
"Why?" She gave me a confused look.
"I'm interested in someone else." I said while looking at her.