Chapter 23

As the ray of light falls upon me and tried to gently wake me up from the sleep. I slowly open my eyes to see both of us were sleeping facing each other with his hand on top of mine. I didn't removed it and continued to stare at him. Never thought of being this close to him but strangely enough it felt at home.
I felt the sense of peace which I've never experienced since the past five months.
I slowly got off the bed, making sure not to disturb him.
**********************
As I was making breakfast for us, my phone starts to ring. I attended the call without reading the caller ID.
"Asalamualaikum, Alizeh bache. How are you?" The moment I heard those words, I knew who it was. I haven't heard this voice for the past five months. Everyday I would hope him to call me, asking about me, about my life and tell me how everything will be okay. I didn't know how to react or what to say. Just as I was thinking about my answer
"Me and your mom will be coming to Canada infact we're already boarded for the flight."
"What? Why?" I instantly replied, fearing they're coming to take me with them.
"We got to know about Shahveer's accident, thought to visit him. Also we wanted to meet you too."
I was relived about his answer.
"I know you're mad at us but what we did was for your betterment. Don't think we never loved you." With that he ended the call.
I don't know if I was mad at them anymore. I guess with time, you start to adjust with what life has thrown at you.
I went to my room and shifted all my belongings to Shahveer's room. In the process, he woke up.
"What are you doing?" He asked while rubbing one of his eye
"Mom and Dad are coming so I'm shifting my things"
"Why? Are they coming to take you?" He panicked
"They got the news about your accident so thought of visiting us." I said.
He still had that worried face on. I was somewhat pleased to know that he is afraid of me leaving him.
The thought also saddened me.
Fariha advice was stuck in my mind and I decided to gather some courage to ask about the night.
"Why did you do it?" I abruptly asked. He looked at me confused
"Did what?"
"Im talking about the night before the wedding." I looked at him
He was taken aback by my answer but didn't say anything. He diverted his eyes as if he was ashamed to look at me.
"Please Shahveer. Tell me. I can't move on until I know the whole truth."
He remained quiet, eyes on floor. I don't know if he was thinking of the answer but his silence was killing me. I slowly walked towards him and sat next to him. I hesitantly touched his face and made him look at me
"Shahveer, I really want to move on with you.. I want to be with you in future. You admitted your feelings for me the night before the wedding, today I want to confess that Yes! I've feelings for you infact I've loved you since childhood." I confessed as tears rolled down my cheeks. Though my vision was blurry but I could see that his eyes were watery as well.
"Shahveer, please tell me the truth. Please!" I said as I shut my eyes
After a moment or two I finally hear him clear his throat
"Whatever happen that night was the truth. I don't know what else you want to hear."
I was taken aback by his answer maybe somewhere in my heart I was expecting a different answer
"So you're saying whatever you did was by your will? You're admitting that you wanted to-"
"No!" He interrupted me
"Then what? I don't want to believe that it was you that night. I don't want to believe any of that night. I feel like you're hiding something, are you?" I said
"Sometimes, we all make mistakes." That was all he said and he tried to get up. He went into the washroom without saying anything further.
My heart shattered into pieces again. The hope Fariha gave me was once again torn apart.
I was more than determined to know the truth. My heart refuses to believe that Shahveer did it with his own will.