Chapter 22

It's been over four days since Shahveer's accident. The doctors have still kept him in the hospital because of his concussion. I've been staying with him this whole time, feeling miserable seeing him like this.
******************
After one week
"He's alright to go home but make sure he doesn't do much movement. His injuries still need time to recover." The doctor advised as he goes through Shahveer's report.
As we got home, I and uncle Haider helped Shahveer to his room. Everyone has been visiting him and the whole day was spent in attending the guest.
"Here, have some soup." I said while bringing the tray of food in the room. I gently held the spoon and took it to his mouth.
He look at me surprised "you don't have to do it, I can eat it myself."
"But I want to do it." We both looked into each others eyes "Now open your mouth." I said to him
He looked somewhat pleased.
"Won't you have some?" He asked as I was feeding him.
"I can have it later." I replied
He shook his head and weakly grabbed my hand and forward the spoon towards me. I ate along with him accompanying him just because he wanted me to.
****************
As I got back to room after washing the dishes, I see him struggling to take his shirt off. Immediately, I went to him and helped him remove his shirt. My heart start to race while seeing his body. I lowered my gaze while my cheeks flushed.
"I-I will bring your night suit." I hurriedly said to cover up my embarrassment.
Before I could take a step, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. I fell on him and hands rested on his chest. I looked up to his eyes while he was already staring at me. I gulped upon realizing the little distance.
With his free hand he caressed my cheek and again brought his eyes back to me. I didn't move and adjusted myself comfortably.
He slowly started to lean towards me while I stayed at my position. I closed my eyes instead of jerking my hand away. I could feel his breath and him slowing covering the remaining distance.
Just then his phone starts to ring, pulling us apart. We both realized what just happened and diverted our eyes upon embarrassment. He took the opportunity and answered his phone.
"Asalamualaikum?" He said in one breath.
I got off the bed and turn to walk away as fast I could but halted in between when I heard him saying Anam name.
"Yes, I'm fine Anam. Don't worry. Yes, I've eaten. No-"
Anger came over me and I rushed to grab his phone. He was taken aback by my sudden reaction
"Hey, if you are done with pestering so can me and my husband sleep?" I said and cut the call without waiting for her answer.
"What has gotten into you?" Shahveer questioned
"She shouldn't be calling at this time, I was informing her that." I said and went towards his cupboard.
I took out his night shirt and made him wear it. All this time he just looked at me confused
"Are you jealous?" He questioned again
I glared at him "Why would I be jealous of her?"
"I don't know. Maybe because you're scared to lose me" he said while bringing me closer to him.
I looked into his eyes and tried to remove my hand. I was indeed sad by the thought and I chose not to answer him.
"You don't have to worry. I will always be yours even if you leave me." His words touched my heart and looked at him with such intensity. I might have shed one or two tears while freeing myself from him.
***************
I went back to my room and inhaled the air. My mind was exploded with so many emotions. I changed into something comfortable and went to shahveer's room again.
I closed the door behind me
"You're sleeping here tonight?" He surprisingly asked
I nodded "what if you need my help at night."
He just smiled at me. I slowly removed the quilt and went into it. His bed is more comfortable than mine. I turned my back to him, fearing he would see my red cheeks. I closed my eyes and after a while slowly drifted to sleep.