7

It was sunset as Travis and I pulled up in the sand on the beach, college kids everywhere as music blared from speakers I could not see.

We got out of the car and I stepped around the front to join him.

"We've got parasailing, regular sailing, there's drinks over there. What do you want to do?" Travis asked me.

"Let's go sailing!" I decided and he smiled before taking my hand and leading me over to the boats.

We found a group that was about to head out and Travis got on the boat first before holding out his hand and pulling me up.

The water was a bit choppy and the wind was blowing hard but it was fun.

"So how did you manage to get scary bodyguard to let you out for a night?" Travis had to shout over the wind.

"I'm just good at convincing." I replied, matching his volume.

The guys who's boat we were on let me sail it for a minute or two and thankfully I didn't wreck it.

When we got back to shore, Travis and I headed over to the drink table where I noticed a familiar face.

"Jessy!" I waved and the girl who's roommate was currently covering for me looked up at me.

"Emma!" She pulled me into a hug. "Is Harry here?"

"Who's Harry?" Travis asked.

"Scary bodyguard dude." I laughed. "And no, he's not."

"Bummer, maybe I could've persuaded him to have a drink with me." She winked and I almost gagged.

"Maybe." I instead gave her a polite smile.

"Hey you want a drink?!" A new voice came out of nowhere and a guy stepped up to the table, grabbing a bottle of cheap vodka.

"Sure." I said boldly.

The most alcohol I had ever consumed was a glass of wine, but tonight was my night. I was in college, and I wanted to experience it.

"What do you want?" The guy asked again, raising his voice over the music.

"Surprise me."

He grinned before pouring all sorts of things into a red plastic cup and then passed it to me while Travis made himself a rum and coke.

"Come on, princess. Drink up!"

The guy who had made my drink said to me and it reminded me of how Harry called me princess, and that was the motivation I used to knock back the drink.

My throat burned and I coughed, Travis laughing at my reaction.

"Wow, that's strong." I laughed.

"I like a girl who can hold her liquor." Travis threw his arm around my shoulders. "Now let's head over to the bonfire."

The sky was dark now as we went over to the bonfire and sat down on a piece of driftwood.

All around us other people were playing on guitars, talking, or making out with each other.

"You look really great tonight." Travis spoke into my ear.

"Thanks. So do you."

"So how has your first week of college been?"