Part 21

Arnav returned home late night from office and entered into the room calling for Khushi.

"KHUSHI!"

"KHUSHI!"

"KHUSHI!"

"Khushi dammit, where are you?"

 He looked around frustrated to find the room silent and no one there. He opened the wardrobe to fetch clothes for the night when his eyes landed on the side where Khushi's clothes used to be and found it empty. With that reality dawned upon him, Khushi is not here anymore, she has left and he is again he's all alone like before she came into his life, his room.

He turned back closing wardrobe only to see Anjali standing in front of him. 

Arnav: "Di! What are you doing here? You should have slept by now."

Anjali: "Hearing you calling for Khushi I have to come here, I think you forgot she is not here anymore. "

Arnav: "Di!"  

But he was Interrupted by Anjali.

Anjali: "I'll heat up your dinner for you tonight but from tomorrow come back on time because no one will be waiting for you, everyone has their own life to look after. "

With that, she left without looking back at Arnav- who felt hurt with her behaviour; maybe because he wanted her to understand him as she knew everything about the past. 

-----------------------

Arnav ate his dinner silently as Anjali served him without any interest. Tonight dinner seems tasteless, the taste he got habitat from last two years was missing and he knew now maybe he would never get to taste that food. 

Arnav: "Di!" Arnav called her looking at her figure walking away.

Arnav: "Are you angry?"

Anjali: "It's late! You should sleep now."

Arnav: "Di please, whatever I did was for only Khushi's happiness and she also agreed on understanding."

Anjali(turning towards him in anger): "Oh yeah? I have seen and heard enough of how you declared your decision of divorce, how she tried to make you understand and how you ignored everything because of your insecurities."

Arnav: "Di at least you understand."

Anjali: "What should I understand? That you don't want the past to let go therefore you pushed your happy present away and let her go,  actually no- you asked her to leave."

Arnav(broken): "Di... Di I can't ..... I am scared.... I can't forget those words and...." Again, Arnav was  Interrupted by Anjali.

Anjali: "Enough! She never meant that she just wanted you to turn as a good human being but in your fear you are doing which she actually feared."