Part 34 (Consummation)

Arnav walked towards Khushi, admiring her. From the time he have seen her in Red saree, many memories of past have become fresh.

Khushi came out of her thoughts as Arnav hugged her from behind and keeps her palm above his on her stomach.

Arnav: Aashu is fine Khushi. She's a brave girl.

Khushi: "I know! But I was so scared, she met with accident just sometime ago, the feeling of losing her again was just....." She stopped as her sobs increased, Arnav instantly came in front.

Arnav (cupping her cheeks): shh Shhhh I understand! Don't cry Khushi, you wouldn't lose her, I'll take care of it.

Khushi: She's fine right? Di will manage?

Arnav: "Yes she'll, and Aashu herself wanted to sleep with Di and hear stories. I have told Di, if Aashu feels uncomfortable or in pain, she'll call us." Khushi nodded feeling relaxed.

-------------------

Arnav and Khushi was now sitting beside pool, with Khushi's head on his chest and him hugging her sideways.

Arnav: You know from the time I have seen you wearing this red saree, my mind went back to the night of your first Karwachaut after marriage.
You still look so stunning and beautiful, it doesn't look like you have even given birth to Aashu.

Khushi smiled shyly hugging him tightly as she also thought about the night when they become one in all senses.

Flashback

It was her first Karwachaut after marriage, Arnav and her relationship has changed so much in last few months. It has been six months to their marriage and his family has welcomed her with open arms and never let her feel alone or someone new in family.

Arnav and her now understand each other better and their friendship has turned very strong, may be that's why no one doubts their relation as their chemistry and bond has become very comfortable for anyone to notice past that. They haven't still crossed the line and as much as she was thankful of it in start for giving her the time she needed, now it feels weird. Even after being married and completing all his responsibilities towards her Arnav never tried to get intimate with her except few kisses of admiration and care on forehead or few hugs. They sleep on same bed and she usually get up tangled in his arms but now whenever she looks at the blushing face of Payal whenever she wake up late and other teasing her, she feels this void.

She knew Arnav don't believe in Love but this is also true that she has fallen for him. Fallen head over heals for the man with whom she didn't even want to get married few months ago, for the man who is her legally wedded husband but doesn't loves her. But not all the marriages are love marriages, so why he always maintain this distance, don't he feel anything for her? Or she's not worth of him? This thoughts usually nag her these days.

She was admiring the dark colour of her Mehandi clad hands as other teased her about her husband loving her so much according to the dark colour of her Mehandi, she laughed a hollow laugh.
She got ready in evening wearing Red saree, waiting for the moon and Arnav. He left angrily in morning because he didn't want her to take this fast as he doesn't believe in all these and she can fall sick, but she wanted to so she didn't listen to him, how can she not keep her first Karwachaut fast.