Chapter Three

Clara

The doctor discharged me today, I was told to take my medinces on time and have lots of rest. "Miss," a stranger calls out as I walked towards the exit. I look behind and see a man probably in his late 50s, dressed in a black suit walking towards me.

"Miss my name is Henry. I have been sent by Mr Salvador to pick you up and take you home," he spoke formally. Salvador? Who is Salvador? It might be the guy that brought me here. I can't trust him. He's a bad guy. He is the one who ordered the other men to kill everyone.

"Oh no that's okay. I'll just take a cab," I replied.

"I really insist Miss that I take you. Sir has a really bad temper and if he finds out that I didn't take you home..." he said. Henry looks harmless unlike his boss. He doesn't look like the type to do anything vulgar. But why is Henry so intimidated by his boss? I am sure it's not just because he is his employer. 

I agreed on his render only because of his approach. Henry started making small talk with me. I didn't mind it, he is very nice and polite. Henry opened the door of a Silver BMW, the latest series. I have never been in such an lavish and expensive car. Mr Salvador must be rich.

He started driving. I sat at the back of the car admiring the design of the car.

"Miss do you mind if I ask you something?" Henry aksed.

"Not at all Henry," I replied.

"Why were you in the hospital?" He asked concerned.

"I just... um." I barely got an answer out, tongue tied at most. I didn't know what to tell him. The truth would only scare him (I assumed). It then quickly escalated to an awkward silence.

"Did he shot you?" He asked.

"No no it was an accident," I said. I told Henry my address. I realized he took a different route - one that doesn't lead to my place.

"Henry where are we going?" I asked worried.

"I am sorry Miss. But Mr Salvador wants to see you first," he replied. I should have known better than to trust a driver of a probable criminal. The car stopped. We parked in front of the doors of the Delux Hotel. Henry opened the door for me and I got out. I followed him as he entered the hotel, it didn't feel like I had much of a choice. The Delux. This place is gorgeous, fancy and not to mention ritzy. It's the hotels you only hear celebrities going to. It's is very expensive and exclusive.

We entered the elevator and went to the highest floor. The penthouse. The elevator doors open and my jaw drops for a second or more. "Welcome," Henry said. I slowly walk in, I can't believe where I am. Someone pinch me because this feels like a dream. The decor is so classy and beautiful. There's paintings hang on the wall, and priceless artefacts around the room. Oh and the breath taking view of the skyline. This place is just amazing. Until the owner showed up making it feel less secure.

"Thank you Henry," a familiar voice spoke. The guy appeared from a hallway. It's him. 

"You're welcome sir," Henry replied and walked away.

I looked at him as he walked towards me. His hands in his pocket and his eyes on me. "My name is Luca," he said.

"Clara," I replied.

"You are probably wondering why Henry brought you here. Believe it or not I just wanted to make sure that you are okay."