Chapter Eighteen

Luca

"I didn't come with body guards. Though everyone else did it felt like a parade at the drive through," Rami said and started laughing. "I got this from Italy," showing me his single - shot pistol covered in gold. It's beautiful. " It cost me a fortune but it's worth it."

I took it from his hand and studied it, it's magnificent. I gave it back to him. I looked behind my shoulder, only to see Clara standing frozen in the middle of the field. "Rami I'll catch up with you later. Just cover for me in the meeting," I said as I turned my feet and walked towards Clara.

I stood in front of her, she stared at the ground. I held her chin and made her look at me. She flinched when she saw me. "What's wrong Clara?" I asked her.

"I can't move," she said in a low tone.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Guns..." she said looking at the body guards who stood outside the mansion, holding riffles.
I held her hand, it was cold. I looked into her hazel orbs and all I could see was fear and tears lingering in her eyes. I stood closer to her. She closed her eyes, tears trickled down her cheeks. I hugged her.

"They are just security men. Nobody is going to get hurt," I assured her. I had to carry her bridal style, she couldn't move. I carried her all the way to our room. I kept her on the bed and gave her a glass of water. Clara looked petrified. Maybe bringing Clara to Spain was a bad idea.

"I have to go now. I'll be back soon," I told her and left the room. I walked towards the room where the meeting was being held. I heard my aunt's loud assertive voice. I entered the room and all eyes were on me.

"Finally you've arrived your highness," my father said in a sarcastic tone. Everyone is here, my grandmother, my uncles and aunt, my cousins. All the remaining Salvador's, except for Vanessa. She wants nothing to do with this. I sat next to Rami who started whispering to me, filling me in on everything that I missed.

"An heir will be our savior," my aunt said. What's an heir got to do with the Vendettas, I thought to myself. "Death will come for us and when it swings it will not miss. We know not of when or where but at least we will die knowing the reign of Salvador lives. That is my final conclusion until than we will fight back and we will not show any mercy. They killed our own, and I will not rest until each and every one them burns alive. We have found out their hide out, a bomb has been placed near their whereabouts. It will be activated tomorrow, during the ball in the evening."

A ball and a bomb? This has never happened before, it's not the Salvador way. When it's personal, we track  them down and kill them with our own hands. This is insane. A bomb won't only kill the Vendettas, and destroy their hideouts but the people in that area will be harmed as well. Oh god, innocent lives will be taken.

"I don't think that's a good idea. A bomb will not solve this aunt," I said, everyone turned to look at me. Shocked that I questioned my aunts decision.

"What do you prepose then? A peace treaty? Or should I send flowers and chocolates," she said. They were quiet giggles and curious eyes looking at me - waiting for my response.

"A negotiation wouldn't be the worst thing. If it will prevent the death of innocent lives," I spoke out.

"They need to know who we are and what we are capable of. You don't kill one of us and just get to walk away. Whoever will die due to the bomb their death won't be on our hands but the Vendetta's."