Chapter Twenty Nine

"Morning Miss Clara," the nurse greeted, looking rather gloomy.

"Morning," I replied. "Where are my babies?" I asked her, eager to see them again.

"Ian is at the nursery, he is still asleep. I will bring him to you," she replied, and looked down at the floor.

"And Isabella?" I asked. "Is she already awake?"

"Miss Clara... Isabella died this morning. She had a weak heart and stopped breathing," she spoke, with a flat tone.

"No! My baby girl is alive, she is healthy and strong. Isabella was okay yesterday, the doctor said nothing about a weak heart," I spoke with a loud tone. No this can't be happening, my daughter can not be dead. I held her just hours ago, I breast fed her. This must be a sick joke...

"I am so sorry," the nurse kept on repeating. Tears streamed down my cheeks, a great tremor overtook me. My hands couldn't stop shaking.

"She's not dead! Stop saying that you're sorry," I told her, still sobbing.

"It's going to be okay. You can see her body whenever you are ready," she spoke in a low tone.

"Stop saying that! She's not dead, my daughter is alive..." I cried my heart out, I couldn't stop crying. My daughter can't be dead. It's not possible, could god have really taken her away from me! Why is this happening to me? I can't breathe. I started gasping for air, and slowly my vision become blurry. 

...
A little girl walks towards me, calling out my name. Could this be my daughter? I slowly walk towards her and look at her beautiful eyes, and without a doubt. It's my Isabella. Before reaching out my hands — for me to carry her. She vanishes, into thin air. I call her name, but she doesn't come back. She doesn't come back.
...

"Clara," I hear my name being called out, almost syncing with my dream. My eyes open wide, and I drew in a deep breath. My eyes start to flicker, trying to adjust to the light. I look towards my left side, I see Luca holding my hand. Tears slowly trickling down his cheeks. I shut my eyes, and imagine my little girl in my arms. Her soft, tiny hands... my baby. I still can't believe she's gone. My little baby girl. "She's gone my love. Isabella is dead," Luca said, and squeezed my hand. I didn't say a word, instead I looked away.

"Ian is okay. I just checked on him," Luca said and let go of my hand. Still I let silence by my reply. After a while, of Luca's pacing. I tried to sit upright and I made a prayer. The only thing there is left to do, she's with god now. She is safe. Tears escaped my eyes and words left my mouth. Words of a half broken heart.

"Were you with her when she died?" I asked him. He didn't look at me, Luca looked outside the window. His hand clenched.

"No," he replied, and punched the wall. "I left the nursery to check on Sebastian. When I went back, the nurse told me... she told me that Isabella died. My daughter died of a weak heart. I told her it doesn't make sense, I just held her a few minutes ago and she was fine. All she said was sorry."

"I want to leave," I said. "I don't want stay here any more. I'll be damned if I lose my son here too," I said trying to get out of bed. Luca walks up to me and stand in front of me.

"Can we see our daughter together? The nurse said it helps with the grieving process and..."

"I will not stay here any longer. You hear me; my son needs me," I told Lucas, looking right into red* eyes.

"Okay..." He said and kissed me on the forehead. "I'll call the nurse to help you get changed. Let me go take care of the formalities." I am leaving without my daughter.  It pains me, every breath I take, it just hurts. I barely got time to know her more and read her bed stories. Read my favorite book to her. It feels like a part of me is dead too. And now I am forced to be strong for my son — sons...

I can't go and see her, I am not strong enough for that. How can I look at her lifeless body and say bye, to my daughter to the dreams I had hoped to make a reality. It will kill me. Because she's not dead to me, she will always be my little baby girl. My little girl who I will love eternally.

The nurse comes in and brings in my clothes. I go in the bathroom and change. Ian is later brought to me, holding him, makes my heart feel a little whole. I kiss his forehead and tell him repeatedly that I love him. Luca comes in the room and sat next to me. He put his hand around my shoulder and kissed on the cheek. "We will go through this together," he said, and held Ian's tiny hand. "I love you," he told me. I still said nothing.

"I want to go home," I told him.

"Okay," he replied. "Let me go get Sebastian." He said and left the room. I held my baby so close to me, looking at him. Memories of my Isabella flooding my mind. How am I ever going to live with myself, with this pain, it feels like I failed her. I stood and walked of the room, carrying my only source of hope. I started walking, through the corridors and all the way to the waiting area. I sat, waiting for Luca.

Luca and Sebastian approached me, both looking dim. I suppose Luca has already told him about his sister. "Lets go home," He said, helping me stand up.

***
Thank you for reading.❤️

I am so sorry for the late update. I have been busy with school, it's been somewhat challenging balancing both. In other news, Dark Love is coming to an end. 😭

Writing this story has been an amazing experience, with your support (The reads and votes). I am grateful for the readers of this book. It means the world to me. To be honest, I don't want this story to end. I never really liked endings. Another reason why I took so long to update.

What do you think of a squeal?