Chapter Thirteen

Clara

"Excuse me sir," I said, he turned and looked at me. "I have noticed you have been coming to the library very often. But you never check out a book or read." He kept quiet and just looked at me, he looked disturbed and lonely. He stood up.

"My name is Detective Dylan. I work with the New York Police department," he said and removed his badge from his pocket. "I am investigating an ongoing case on the gun attack at the grand opening of the Cielo club."

"Ohh,"

"Do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

"Not at all," I replied. The detective lead me out of the library, we stood by the staircase of the library as he asked questions.

"You were at the club that night?" He asked.

"Yes I was,"

"You were dragged out of the club by Lucas Salvador. Were you and Lucas in some sort of relationship?"

"Not at that time." He looked at me intrigued to know more, as he took notes in his note pad. "I had no idea who Lucas was that day, we are now currently in a relationship."

"Okay. Do you know what he does for a living?"

"Yes I do. He is a business man he owns many companies," I said proudly. The detective let out a laugh. What's so funny?

"Are you aware that Lucas is the son of  Fernando Salvador. The biggest crime and drug lord in all of America. Lucas too shares the tittle crime lord," he said in a serious tone.

"I am aware his dad is really bad person. Lucas's father doesn't influence Lucas anymore. He is a changed man he no longer works with his father," I told him.

"Lucas Salvador is the leader of a very famous gang here in New York. I have evidences that support my statements. He is behind gun attacks, selling drugs substances, the death of  innocent people and making illegal business deals. I need you to be a witness and say the truth, Lucas is a very bad person and we can put him behind jail. Than his father,"

"I am sorry I can't do that. That's not Lucas, you've got the wrong guy,"

"He killed my wife and child. I exposed their illegal business in Las Vegas and shut down their hotel. As revenge he killed my family. Lucas Salvador is a monster," he said in harsh tone.

"I am sorry about your loss, I really am. But you have got the wrong guy. Lucas can't do that not the Lucas I know," I told him and walked away.  Luca would never harm anyone. He can't do that.

The whole day  at work, I couldn't stop thinking about what the detective said. A crime lord? How come I've never heard of him on the news or anything. It can't be.

I finished my shift I went straight to Luca's penthouse. "Luca!" I called out, as I walked in.

"Yes princess," he replied. He came into the living and walked towards where I was standing. "Hello beautiful," he said and kissed me on the cheek.

"Lucas Salvador are you a leader of a gang? Are you a crime lord? Are you a murderer?" I asked, almost in tears.

Luca

I was speechless, I watched as she asked about my truth and as she fall into despair. Has she found out... has she figured out my truth. It's been six months together, today on our anniversary she finds out. "Clara," I said her name.