Chapter Six

Clara

"Hi Ava," I said.

"Hi," she replied back in a low tone.

"I am so sorry Ava," I told her.

"Don't be It's my fault..."

"No it's not." I hugged her, my best friend can't walk any more. I don't know what to say. I sat besides her and all we did is talk. Ava is moving back to California with her parents, I can't believe this. The reaosn I am even in New York is  because of her. She encouraged me, she's my fire within, she's my courage.

After we were both accepted in the univerties in New York, she convinced me to go with her. I wanted to play it safe and remain in California, since I also got accepted in a University in California. How will I be able to do this without her? Publish my book, become the best writer in the world...

She's always been the risk taker and I a simple think - twice type of gal.

"You are going to do just fine without me Clara," Ava said, trying to encourage me.

"I can move back to California. I want to be there for you like you have always been there for me," I told her.

"Clara as your best friend I have to make sure you fulfil your dreams. I will always feel guilty if you come back to California because of me," she said.

I wanted to cry but I didn't. I knew Ava would start to cry too and I don't want that. I am really going to miss her endless stories, our movie nights (every Sunday), annually window shopping because we can't afford expensive outfits. She's happy now, but not entirely. One thing I can atleast give her joy.

Avas parents and my parents are at the cafeteria. I didn't leave Ava's side. I told her about Luca, I have never hid something from my best friend. And I won't start now. She got so curious and excited, she wanted to know everything. Literally every detail... I told her I would come back tomorrow, to see her and tell her more. Ava doesn't remember much from the shooting, she was drunk. She didn't inquire about it, so I didn't talk about it.

I am glad nothing has changed, even due to her misfortune.

I went straight home after the hospital, my parents decided to go sight seeing. I got home in the evening. On my door mat I see a boquet of flowers. I pick them up and read the card.

In a world where everyone wears a mask, it's a privilege to see a soul. :)
   - Luca

I smelled the fresh red roses.

I got in my apartment, and kept the roses in a vase filled with water. Luca Salvador who are you? And why me? I took my lap top and sat on my bed. I googled his name, and there and then all his information showed up. Everything, his pictures too that he posted on his social media. That he posted a long time ago, three years ago.

He is shirtless in most of his pictures, we get it you're hot

He is shirtless in most of his pictures, we get it you're hot. Show off...

Oh this is interesting

Lucas Salvador and girlfriend Kate Xavier,  Celebrating one year anniversary in the Bahamas.
He looks so happy in this picture. I wonder what happened? I guess it didn't work out.

I looked at his pictures. I searched about him. I feel like a complete stalker, well that's what the internet is for. Luca is 27 years old, his on the top ten hottest bachelor in New York, most successful business man in America. A net worth of 10.4 billion.

Luca is famous, that means it's likely he could have whomever he wants. He could never be really interested in me, maybe he is just a really nice person.
But the roses? And the note. Could there be a deeper meaning to all of his actions? No.
Drools* he is nice and has alluring blue eyes...
Clara snap out of it!

***
Thanks for reading.
Sorry for the really short chapter, but I hope you liked it. (Just building tension.)

Vote & Comment.

'It seems to me, that love could be labled poison and we would take it anyways.'
  - atticus