Chapter Twenty Two

We reached the airport in a matter of minutes. A private jet was at sight and two armed men standing by the stairs. We got in the private jet and I took a sit by the window and closed my seatbelt. I inhaled and exhaled, trying my best to calm myself. I didn't want to be  stressed out, it's not good for the baby. Vanessa sat next to me, and Rami sat on the couch. Without me mentally being aware - my were shaking. I felt cold hands on my warm shaky ones. I looked down and Vanessa held my hand. "It's going to be okay," she spoke in an assuring tone.

I quickly put my hand on the belly and shut my eyes tightly. Tears slowly seeped out of my eyes and streamed down my cheek - the baby started moving. I wasn't crying because of the temporary pain. Fear started taking over my mind, I was scared to lose my unborn child. I was scared. I opened my eyes and Vanessa's eyes showed a glint of sympathy, while Rami's simple curiosity. The private jet had already taken off.

Vanessa gave me a bottle of water. "Lucas doesn't know that you are pregnant, does he?" She asked.

"No he doesn't," I replied.

"He is going to be so happy. I can't wait to be an aunt," Vanessa spoke in a excited tone. "Can I?" She asked while reaching out her hand towards my belly.

"Yes," I replied. She kept her hands on my belly, and rubbed it softly as if she's were scared of hurting the baby.

"Do you know the gender?" She asked in a low tone.

"No I want it be a surprise," I replied and she stopped rubbing my belly.

"That's so cute," she said.

Rami started chuckling. We all turned to look at him. "I still can't believe Luca is going to be a father," Rami said, while looking at his phone.

"Yeah this will surely make my brother very happy," Vanessa said. I closed my eyes, I can't believe I am going to see Luca again. But do I have a choice to not see him. I am not ready to face him. All the lies... I'd never thought we would cross paths after that day.
I fall asleep, I was really tired.

"Clara wake up," I heard Vanessa's voice slowly bringing me back to reality. I slowly opened my eyes, the pilot announced our arrival in NewYork and that that airplane is about to land. I am in NewYork now and I am going to see Lucas. The private jet landed. We got out of the jet and headed straight into a Black BMW. After a forty minute drive we stopped in front of a huge mansion. I got out of the car and so did Vanessa, she lead me inside. Everything is so grand and lavish from the furniture to the lights. "LUCAS!" Vanessa yelled his name. My heart beat rate suddenly increased, I was nervous.

"What is it Vanessa?" I searched for his voice, and than saw him coming out from the living room. His muscular physique hadn't changed at all, but there was something different about him. Something about him that changed. Our eyes met and it was like they were having a conversation of their own. Luca walked towards me, his eyes slowly averted to my belly. He stood in front of me, and didn't say a word. All the memories started replaying in my mind, my heart beating faster as I am reminded of who he really is. I take a step back.

Luca looks at Vanessa. "She was in trouble," Vanessa explained. "The Vendettas are after her."

"I'll take care of it," he replied in a husky tone. Luca looked at me and than he looked at my shoulder, which had Ethan's blood on it. He walked away. Not saying a word to me. Vanessa took me upstairs to one of the bedrooms and told me to freshen up and rest. I did exactly that. When I got out of the bathroom, I notice boxes placed aside - in front of the bed. All of them had been labeled CLARA on them. I open one of the box and see my clothes. I picked out the first thing I saw. A cute mid-length yellow dress. I put it on.
I sat on the sofa, I knew this was Lucas's bed room, his things are here. I didn't want to sleep on the bed, so I decided to rest on the sofa. The door opens and there stood Luca. "Do you need anything?" He asked gruffly.

"No," I replied. As he was taking a step back, leaving the room. That's when I remember about the room situation. I got up from the sofa and walked towards him. "Actually Lucas there is something." Lucas walked back into the room, and walked towards me. He stood in front of me. The baby started kicking, I kept my hand on my belly.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, sounding worried.

"Yes I am," I replied. "The baby just kicked." Lucas looked at my belly and an obscure smile formed on his lips. I had this sudden urge to hug him, I missed him so much. But I couldn't! I can't go back to a lie and I will certainly not allow my child have a relationship with a lying - murderer. "Can I get another room?" I asked in a low tone.

"No," he quickly replied. As he turned to walk  away...

"Why?" I asked. "It's a mansion. I know they are other spare rooms."

"It's not up for discussion," he said in a guttural tone and walked out of the room. I sat back on the sofa, thinking of parents and if they are okay. If anything were to happen to them I'd never forgive myself. I should try calling them.

Luca

It's been agonizing months and strong drinks, since Clara left me. I couldn't move on, I didn't know how. I love her and I always will. My father was killed the same day Clara left, we found his body in one of the bedrooms. Shot right in the heart- he got what he deserved.

Clara is pregnant with my child. Joy lingered in my soul, I couldn't believe it. I am going to be a father. The sad truth is that I will never get to experience being a dad. She no longer looks at me the same, she looks at me like I am some sort of monster. I know I am fucking monster! I know! But she was the only one who made me feel human and sanity. What am I without her? I deserve this, I should have told her the truth when I had the chance. But you can't blame a man for wanting happiness, and even if it didn't get to last forever at least I got the opportunity to experience it. All she ever gave me was unconditional love and happiness.

It hurts me that I wasn't there to protect her, she could have died and our child. Yet to experience life. Only the thought of it makes me feel anger and pain. I will do whatever it takes to make sure my love and child are okay. Whatever it takes...

***
Thanks for reading.❤️

I love poems, and I love writing them even more. Poems don't have to rhyme, poems are combinations of words that capture your soul. Check out Her Vivid Words.