Chapter Twenty Five

Luca

We returned back to the mansion - later at night. The doctor gave Clara clear instructions on how to prevent the false labor pains. While in the car, Clara didn't say a word. She was scared and worried, scared she won't be able to raise two children. But I know she can, she's stronger than she thinks. We entered the mansion, Vanessa was there along with Andrew, talking in low tones. They looked at me with excitement and a glint of remorse. I don't think Clara could sense the tension, I was sensing. Walking closer to Vanessa, my eyes avert to the sofa. A girl was sitting there. My eyebrows knitted together, showing my obvious confusion. "Hey," I said. Vanessa hugged me tightly, and I got a pat on the back from Andrew. The first curious question that came to my mind was; Who died?

I walked closer towards the girl - as my instinct instructed me. She stood up facing away from me. I remained silent and for some reason my heart started racing. When she turned around, I inhaled sharply. I placed my hand over my heart as it reassured it self of who's standing right in front my bare eyes. "Hi Lucas," she greeted with a faint smile. I took a step back.

"Kate..." I said her name slowly and surely.

"Yes Lucas it's me," she walked towards me and hugged me. I didn't hug her back, as my heart was too overwhelmed. I didn't know what to do. "I missed you so much."

"But you died," I said something I was sure I knew of. She kept her hand on my cheek and looked right into my eyes. It felt like I was talking to a ghost, was I the only who saw her. Am I going crazy?

"I am not dead Lucas. Your father paid me to leave and never look back. He said if I didn't he would kill me and harm you as well. He staged my death. Once I found out about his death, I came straight back to NewYork..." she spoke, tears falling from her eyes. I don't know how to feel. I don't know... I hugged her - tightly. To assure myself this is real, and she's not dead.

"Mum," I heard a little boy call out. I stopped hugging her and turned to look behind me. A small boy stood in front of me. It wouldn't take a test to prove his my son, just by looking at him. I just knew... Kate walked past me and went to him.

"Yes Sebastián," she spoke to him.

"I want to go home," he spoke in a loud-whisper.

"Oh honey you are home," she said and hugged him. She held her hand and walked to me. "Lucas meet Sebastián," she said, tears streaming down her cheek. Tears she quickly wiped of with her hand. He hid behind his mother and peeped. I couldn't help but smile.

"Hm where is Sebastián? I can't see him," I looked at Kate. "Has anyone seen him?" I looked around and from a distant I notice Clara, a smile plastered on her face.

"I am right here!" He jumped in front, with a wide smile.

"Oh there you are. I was looking for you," I told him.

"Honey go with aunt Vanessa. I need to talk with Lucas for a while," she looked down at him and kissed him on the cheek. We headed over to my office. She sat down on the chair and I sat facing her. It was awkward at first because I never thought I'd see her again.

"You haven't aged at all," she complimented.

"Motherhood has done you justice," I said.

"Still a flirt?" She asked and started laughing.

"Old habits die hard," I replied and smiled. I took a deep breath in and continued talking. "I can't believe you're here, I wish I could be there for you. I don't understand why you didn't come to me."