3

I woke up the next morning face to face with Xavier. I cringed with he let out a snore, getting a whiff of his morning breath. I tried to sit up, but then, I spotted Xavier's arm thrown over my waist. I slid out from under it just in time to hear the alarm go off.

I hit the dismiss button after a few moments of waiting for everyone to wake up, and my friends groaned. "Thank goodness!" Marcus said, uncovering his ears.

"Time for school, losers!" I called, standing up and grabbing some clean clothes. "I call dibs on bathroom."

"Well, hurry because I have to pee!" Xavier said.

"I'll take my time," I replied, walking to the bathroom.

Despite what I said, I dressed and do what I needed to in a few minutes. Then, I came out to collided with a bare chest, placing my hands out to steady myself. Arms wrapped around my waist to steady me, and I looked up. Xavier smiled down at me. "You okay?"

I nodded because my hands are on some well defined abs, and there was no way I could speak without stuttering. He dropped his arms, so I dropped my hands. He went into the bathroom, and I went back to my room, embarrassed.

Emma was going through my clothes. "I need to borrow a cute top," she said when she sees me.

"Okay," I said, picking up the covers off the floor that I used for a pallet. I didn't really like my bed to be honest; it wasn't as comfortable as my carpet is.

Marcus laid on my bed fast asleep, so I threw all the blankets on him. "Aw, come on, Braelyn," he groaned tiredly.

"Get up," I replied, getting my things ready for school.

"Found one!" Emma said, pulling out a flowery crop top with one of my white tank tops.

I smiled and zipped up my backpack. "Nice," I said. "I'm going to go downstairs to get some cereal."

"Okay, I'll be down there soon," she said then looked at Marcus. "Out."

He pouted, "But why, baby?"

"Because I said, babe," Emma replied.

"Ew," I said then leave the room along with Marcus.

"I'll join you for cereal," Marcus said, following me downstairs.

I shrugged. "Okay, but you're not getting my Fruity Pebbles," I replied.

He groaned at that.
××××××
Thirty minutes we all left the house. I got a ride to school with Xavier because Emma's car was too small for three people. I leaned against the headrest. "So, Xavier, I heard that Avery Pierce had a crush on you," I said.

He made a face. "I know, but she's so annoying," he replied.

"But she's cute."

"But she's annoying," Xavier retorted.

I groaned and looked at him."As long as I've known you, I've never seen you date anyone."

He glanced at me. "The girls at my school don't interest me."

"Why?"

Xavier shrugged. "They just don't."

I ran a hand through my hair. "You're so weird," I said.

"Okay, why haven't you dated anyone since Jared?" Xavier asked.

"Um, because guys are jerks," I replied, looking at my shoes.

Xavier shook his head. "Not all of them."

"The ones I've met," I shot back.

He rolled his eyes, and the car fell silent. We pulled into the parking lot, and Xavier found a spot. "I'm going to go. I'll see you in homeroom," I said.

He nodded. "Okay, wait, do you need a ride home?"

"No, if Emma doesn't take me, I want to walk. It's a pretty day," I said with a smile.

"You sure?"

I nodded and got out. "Yes. Bye, Xavier."

"Bye," he said, and I shut the door.

Since we got here early, I made my way to the courtyard. I sat under the tree, and I pulled out my book. Leaning back, I turnee to where I left off. Just as I got lost into my book, I sensed a presence beside me.

I looked to my right, and Ridge smiled. "Did you seriously not hear or see me sit down?" he asked.

I held up my book. "I have better things to pay attention to."

He feigned hurt. "You are a feisty one, aren't you?"

"You are a ignorant one, aren't you?" I asked, turning the page.

"Maybe," he said, and I didn't reply.

A few minutes late I looked up, and he was still here. "Don't you have some girls to attend to?" I asked.

Ridge shook his head. "Nope. Are you doing anything later?" he asked.

"No."

"Wanna go out with me?" He asked.

I snorted, "I wouldn't go out with you if you paid me to."

He frowned, "Cupcake, don't be that way," he says.

"My name's Braelyn, idiot," I replied.

"Didn't your mother teach you about calling people names?" he asked. I flinched, but I composed myself immediately, hoping he didn't catch it. "Why'd you flinch?"

I glared. "None of your business," I replied then the bell rang. "Bye, Ridge." I stood up and put my book in my bag.

"We have homeroom together, remember?" he asked, standing up.

I groaned and looked at him. "Look, I don't know what game you're playing at, but I hope you're not so caught up in your ego that you can't understand this: I don't like you. I think you're annoying, and I wouldn't go on a date with even if I was on my death bed. I. Will. Nver. Ever. Go. Out. With. You! Okay? So, how about you and I go back to our own lives? Goodbye, Ridge."

"We have homeroom together, Braelyn," he said, completely ignoring my speech.

I groaned and walked away.
××××××
"He will not leave me alone!" I groaned as Emma and I made out way to second period.

"I can tell. He kept throwing paper balls at you in homeroom. What did those say by the way?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I didn't read them, Emma, so I don't know!"

"Why don't you just go out with him?"

"Um, I don't know, Emma. Maybe because he's a annoying, filthy pig who recently appeared in my life yesterday?" I said.

She laughed, linking her arm through mine. "Braelyn, you need a boyfriend," she said.

"Not Ridge McCain or anyone in this school. They're all pigs except Marcus and Xavier, which are my friends," I said.

She groaned, "You're so difficult!"

"No, I'm just speaking the truth!"