15

The next day at school Xavier meets me in the courtyard as I make my way to my Creative Writing class. "Hey," he greets, smiling.

I smile. "Hey," I say.

"Are you doing anything after school?" he asks as we walk into the school.

I shake my head. "No, why?"

"Well, I was wondering if we could do something."

"Soemthing like what?" I ask.

Xavier gives me a wicked grin. "Arcade?" he asks.

My smile grows wider. "Sure," I say.

"Hey," a familiar voice says. Ridge comes up beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Hey," I greet, looking at him then Xavier.

Xavier forces a smile. "I'll see you after school," he says then disappears down the hall.

I look up at Ridge, whom raises an eyebrow. "After school?" he asks.

I nod. "Yeah, we're going to the arcade," I say.

"Just you and him?" He asks.

"Well, yeah," I reply. Ridge swallows and looks away. I furrow my eyebrows. "What?"

Ridge shakes his head. "Nothing."

"It's something," I say.

Ridge sets his eyes on me. "I don't feel comfortable with you two being alone."

I sigh, "We're just friends, Ridge. You have nothing to worry about."

He sets his lips in a firm line. I groan, "Ridge, there's nothing going on between us. We've been friends since Freshman year."

He sighs, "Okay, fine."

"Don't be jealous."

"I'm not."

"Are to," I say, causing him to crack a smile.

He holds up his thumb and index finger. "Maybe just a little bit."

I roll my eyes and hold my arms out. "More like this much."

Ridge laughs, "Okay, that much."

I elbow him. "I don't like Xavier like that."

He mutters something under his breath. I look at him. "What?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing," he says.
××××××
When Ridge drops me off at my house, I see Xavier's car in the driveway. I kiss Ridge goodbye then get out, walking to Xavier's car. I look back just in time to see Ridge pull out of my driveway and disappear down the road.

I tap on Xavier's window, and he looks up then rolls down the window. "Hey," I greet.

"Hey, you ready?" he asks.

I nod then round the car. I place my bag into the backseat then get into the passenger seat. "Let's go," I say, buckling up.

Xavier smiles. "You don't have to tell me twice," he says then pulls out of my driveway.

I open the glove department and search for a certain CD. My friends and I like the old school bands, and All-American Rejects is one of them. I find the CD, and I smile, putting it in. "Dirty Little Secret" is the first song on the CD. Xavier looks at me, and we begin to sing.

"Let me know that I've done wrong. When I've known this all along. I go around a time or two just to waste my time with you. Tell me all that you thrown away. Find out games you don't want to play. You are the only one that need to know..."

Xavier and I sing the entire way to the arcade, and when we arrive, Xavier and I are laughing so hard that we're crying. He turns the car off, and his eyes fall on me. Something flickers in them that I can't put my finger on, and he hurriedly looks away.

Xavier gets out, and I do the same. "Ready to get your butt kicked?" he asks as we begin to walk into the arcade.

"Oh, you wish you could beat me," I say, walking over to the quarter machine. I go to put my money in, but Xavier beats me to it. "Hey, I can pay for myself!"

"Nope. I invited you, so I'm gonna pay," he says.

I roll my eyes. "Boys and their eagerness to pay. I'm an independent woman, Xavier," I reply.

"And I'm a gentleman," he says, handing me a handful of quarters.

"You won't be saying that when I kick your butt."

"I know I can score more points in basketball than you."

I raise my eyebrows. "Is that a bet, Xavier?" I ask.

Xavier narrows his eyes and crosses his arms. "Yeah, it's a bet. What do I get if I win?" he asks.

I copy his stance. "What do you want?"

"You have to buy me ice cream," Xavier says.

"And if I win?"

"I will win that gigantic panda bear that you've had your eyes on for months," he says.

I grin and hold out my hand. "You've got a bet, Mr. Riaz," I say.

"Don't be a sore loser, Ms. Sawyer."

"I should say the same thing to you."
××××××
I shoot my last basketball and make it in. I let out a whoop and begin jumping up and down. "Oh, yeah. I beat you. Oh, yeah. Uh huh!" I sing, poking Xavier's chest.

He laughs, "You totally cheated."

I roll my eyes, placing my hands on either side of his face. "Now, Xavier, remember what we talked about earlier?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm not being a sore loser," he says, rolling my eyes.

I drop my hands. "No, you're just being a whiney one," I reply.

He playfully glares then eyes the gigantic blue panda hanging above. "How many tickets do I need to get?" he asks.

I stand on my tip toes, trying to read the tag. "I don't know. I can't s-whoah!" Xavier grabs my waist and lifts me up, causing everyone to look at us. I take this time to read the tag. "Okay, you can put me down."

He does. "How many?"

I put on a wicked smile. "Two thousand."

Xavier shakes his head. "You're killing me, Braelyn."

I place an elbow on his shoulder. "If I recall correctly, you were the one who suggested it."

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I'm going to need more quarters."
××××××
"Stop gloating," Xavier says as we get into his car. I place my panda bear, which I named Pandavier, in the backseat.

"I mean I think I like Pandavier more than you," I say.

"Yeah, yeah," Xavier says.

I laugh and shut the door then get into the passenger side. I look at Xavier. "At least I named him after you," I say.

"It's more of a ship name than anything," he replies, buckling himself in.

"You love him, just admit it."

He rolls his eyes and pulls out of the parking lot. "I do not."

"I had fun today," I say, laying my head back and looking out the window. The sun set hours ago, and the stars burn bright. It's a beautiful night.

Xavier says something, but I can't make it out. I'm too tired, so I let myself go to sleep.

Guys, this story is #18 in Humor! Thank you guys so much for making this possible! I love you all❤❤