26

I roll over, and my face lands onto something hard. I open my eyes, and I wince at the sunlight. Once my eyes focus, I find that I'm laying on the ground beside Ridge. I look around, finding myself surrounded by woods.

Then, bits and pieces of last night find their way into my head until they piece together: Ridge bringing me to the creek, dancing, talking, and then, I fell asleep. I pull my phone out of my purse, and shockingly, it isn't dead. Running a hand through my hair, I pull out leaves and twigs, and I scroll through my messages.

Kyle: Where r u?

Kyle: Braelyn?

Kyle: Hello?

Nathan: Kyle's freaking out. Where r u?

Nathan: Braelyn Josephine Sawyer, if you don't call me...

Kyle: Please answer me

I stop after that and call Kyle. "Oh my God, are you okay? I've been worried sick!" Kyle yells on the first ring.

"Dude, chill, I fell asleep."

"You are so grounded when you come home. Where are you?"

I look around. "In the woods," I admit.

"What are you doing in the woo- You didn't."

I groan, "No, Ridge showed me the creek, and we talked until we fell asleep. Gosh, no trust in me?"

"You better get your butt home by three, or I swear I'll beat you black and blue."

"For one, that's child abuse. For two, okay, I will. Bye," I say, hanging up.

Someone chuckles, and I turn to look at Ridge. He stares at me, laughing. "Brother trouble?"

"Yeah, when did we fall asleep?"

He shrugs, and he brushes his shirt off then stands, brushing the dirt off his jeans as well. "I don't even remember. C'mon, you can use my grandparents shower, and June can lend you some clothes. Your dress is dirty."

I let him help me up, and Ridge laughs, picking out what I didn't get out of my hair. "You're a mess."

I glare. "Well, if someone didn't let us fall asleep, then I wouldn't be."

He rolls his eyes and kisses me. "You're still beautiful, don't worry," he says, grabbing my hand.

In silence, we make our way back to the house. Everyone give us weird looks as we go upstairs, and we run into June. She smirks. "Rough night, eh?"

Ridge glares. "She needs some clothes, a towel, and a wash rag. Along with a new toothbrush and all that stuff. Let her use your bathroom."

"She's not my girlfriend."

"June," Ridge says.

She rolls her eyes then waves for me to follow her. I do, and she shows me to a room. Silently, she hands me a pair of ripped jeans and a t shirt with a cat on it, and she looks at my muddy sandals. "Leave those here, and I'll let you have a pair of flip flops."

"Okay," I say, raising an eyebrow as she hands me a pair of black ones. Luckily, she only a half a size bigger than me.

"What? I like them."

I shake my head. "Nothing."

"What size bra are you?"

"I can wear what I'm wearing underneath."

June shrugs. "Suit yourself. I have a brand new pack of underwear, but you can wear your dirty ones." To prove this, she holds up a brand new pack of Marvel underwear.

"Fine."

She rolls her eyes and opens up the pack then throws me a pair. "You look around my size. They might be a little tight, though, since you a big butt. Same goes for the pants."

"It's not big."

"So you say. Anyway, do you want a bra as well?"

I bite my lip. "What size?"

She picks up a random one from a pile of clean clothes on the bed, and after a moment of searching she shrugs. "Try and see. Towels and wash rags are on the rack. Toothbrushes are under the sink," she says, throwing me the bra and pointing to her right. After that, she leaves.

I make my way downstairs after I finished with everything, combing through my hair with my fingers. I find Ridge, Oliver, June, Amelia, and Evie in the living room, watching cartoons.

I stand awkwardly by the door frame for a moment before Ridge sees me. "Want some breakfast?" he asks, holding up a plate.

I nod, and he waves me over. We walk into the kitchen, where his grandparents, Lara, Rick, and some other people whose names I forgot are. They all smile when I come in, and then, go back to their conversations.

"What would you like?" Ridge asks.

"Cereal is fine."

He makes me a bowl then we go back into the living room. "When do you have to be back?"

"Before three," I say, taking a bite of my cereal.

"Okay, I was thinking that we would just hang out here for bit until then."

"Sound great," I say.

He smiles at that.
××××××
The next few hours we watch cartoons, play video games, and just hang out. His family is pretty cool, I will admit, and I feel like I fit in around them.

When it's time to go, his grandmother Rose, comes up to me. "You are welcomed to come whenever you want."

I smile. "Thank you," I say then say goodbye to everyone.

When we're out of ear shot, Ridge laughs, "Well, how do you like my family?"

I laugh, "They're pretty cool. How do they like me?"

"Grandma wouldn't stop talking about you when you were playing with Amelia and Evie," he says.

"That's great," I say, getting into his car.

He gets in on his side, nodding. "Yeah, they love you."

"I'm glad," I say.

The car ride to my house consists of a lot of talking about his family and next year's barbeque. When Ridge pulls up at my house, I groan, "I'm so dead."

"Want me to come in and explain?"

"No, I'll do it. I'll see you tomorrow," I say, and Ridge leans over and kisses me.

"Okay. If you can, call me and tell me how it went."

I nod. "Okay," I say then get out, preparing myself for my death sentence.