18

Ridge pulls off the driveway and into the grass next to the other cars. I stare out the window, looking at the house. It isn't big, but it's not necessarily small. It's two stories with plenty of windows and a big door.

Colorful lights pours out some of the windows, playing tag on the cars and grass. The music blares from inside, and the people that are outside sway along with it as the talk and drink. I'm too focused on the house that I don't realize that Ridge gets out until he opens my door.

I fumble for my seatbelt then get out, leaving my purse in the car. "You okay?" he asks, taking my hand.

I nod. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask.

"Braelyn!" I hear a familiar voice call.

I turn around, and Emma and Marcus hurry over to us. "Hey," I say as the approach us.

"Hey, you look amazing!" Emma says then she makes a face, "Well, other than they cardigan. That's a fashion don't."

I roll my eyes. "I don't care. It's comfortable," I reply.

She rolls her eyes then motions to the house. "Shall we?" she asks, linking her arm through mine.

"Let's do it," I say, and Emma and I walk ahead of Marcus and Ridge, making me reluctantly drop his hand.

Emma doesn't even knock on the door. She just opens it and walks in. I look at her, and she shrugs. "People don't knock at parties," she says.

The music vibrates the floor beneath us, and it makes my ear drums pound. Hands are placed on either side on my waist, and I look up. Ridge kisses my forehead. "I'm trying not to lose you," he says.

"Awww!" Emma gushes loud enough to be heard over the music.

I glare at her, and we make further into the maze of people. "Something Just Like This," by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay blasts through the speaker. The energy level is so high that it makes my heart pump, and I itch to get on the dance floor.

All of us find ourselves near the kitchen. "I need a drink," Emma says then leaves. Marcus follows her, leaving Ridge and me.

"Wanna dance?" I ask Ridge.

He raises his eyebrows, smiling. "Sure. Why not?" he asks, grabbing my hand and finding a spot on the dance floor.

The song changes to "Despacito," By Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber. I smile at Ridge and snap into Shakira mode, moving my hips with the music. He laughs, and he spins me around. Then, shockingly, he begins to salsa.

"You know how to salsa?" I ask.

"Maybe," he says, spinning me around and pulling me closer to him. We're so close that I feel his abs through his shirt, and I have to admit that it feels nice.

Ridge places his hand on my hip as I move it in time. I smile and become more and more comfortable. Before I know it, I'm dancing my heart out, and Ridge doesn't falter a bit. With each move I do, he's right with it.

When the song's over, I laugh, and Ridge crashes his lips onto mine. I kiss him back automatically, and grabs my waist, pulling me closer. After a moment, he pulls away, placing his forehead on mine. "You're amazing, you know that?" he asks.

"Why, thank you," I say, and we walk away from the crowd of people and into the kitchen.

"Braelyn, you killed it!" Emma says as we pass her.

"Thank you, but I really need a water," I say then shrug off my cardigan. I open the fridge and grab a water.

Ridge grabs himself a soda. I chug some of my water then raise my eyebrows. "You don't drink?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "No," he says.

From the living room, "Same Old Love," by Selena Gomez begins to play. I look at Ridge. "I'm so going back out there," I say with a grin.

"Okay, I'll wait for you here. You wore me out," he says.

I place my water and cardigan on the table then grab Emma's hand. "Dance with me," I say, pulling her.

"Yay, you took the cardigan off!" she exclaims as we make our way through the crowd of people. We both begin dancing, and adrenaline pulses through me. Emma bumps her hip with mine. Laughing, we both continue to dance and sing along.

We dance for a couple of songs before making our way back to the kitchen, where it isn't so crowded. I see Xavier talking with Marcus, and Ridge is still where I left him. "Hey," I say to Xavier.

He grins. "Hey, you look great," he says, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself," I say, and to be honest, he looks great. A black t-shirt and jeans along with his black combat boots.

"Thank you. I had to dress up for Marcus," he jokes.

"Aw, really? You got all dressed up for me?" Marcus asks, going along with it.

Emma and I roll our eyes, and I walk over to Ridge. He smiles at me. "Hey," he greets, wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing the side of my head.

He hands me my water with the other one, and I gladly take it. I finish it in four guzzles then grab another from the fridge. I look at Ridge. "I'm going to find the bathroom," I say.

He nods. "Okay, do you want me to go with you?" he asks.

I shake my head. "No, I'll be fine," I say then kiss his cheek.

I set my water bottle on the counter then make my way back out into the crowd of people. I gently push my way through, muttering apologies, and I smile when the stairs come into sight.

I round the banister, and I end up crashing into someone. An arm grabs my waist, and I grab the banister to steady myself. I look up, and my heart stops as I see who it is.

His eyes widen as he looks at me, taking in my face. "Braelyn?" he asks.

This is cannot be happening, I think.

I Slapped Mr. Popular On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara