17

I wake up the next morning in a good mood. I practically skip downstairs after my usual daily routine, but not before giving Pandavier a hug. It's practically impossible not to. He's huge.

Nathan and Nick are already in the kitchen, eating cereal. "Good morning," I say, making myself a bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

They both look at each other then back at me, eyebrows raised. I raise my eyebrows. "What?" I ask.

"You're in a good mood," Nathan says.

"Yeah, I woke up like this," I explain, taking a bite of my cereal.

Nick rolls his eyes. "Is it because of your date with Xavier last night?" he asks.

"First, it wasn't a date, and second, why can't I just wake up in a good mood?" I ask.

"I don't know. Can you?" Nathan asks.

"Don't be that guy. I don't have to ask permission. You're not my boss," I say.

"I am older than you," Nathan says.

"By a year and two months and eighteen days," I reply automatically.

"Exactly. I'm the oldest in the room."

Nick rolls his eyes. "By four minutes."

"Why do twins always fight over who's the oldest?" I ask to no one in particular, taking another bite of cereal.

Nathan laughs, "Nick, I'm older by ten minutes not four."

"Prove it."

"I will. Follow me," Nathan says then they leave the kitchen.

There's a knock at the door, and I hop off the stool. "Coming!" I call, hurrying toward the front door. I open it, and there's a girl on the other side. "Hi."

She smiles. "Hi, um, is Kyle here?" she asks.

I grin. "Yeah, hold on a sec," I say then lean back, calling for Kyle.

"Who is it?" He calls from the living room.

I look at the girl. She laughs, "Ana."

A/N: Ana above^^ I don't know the girl's real name, but she seemed like a perfect fit.

"It's Ana," I say. I hear a loud thump, and Kyle practically slides out of the living room and beside me.

He probably slid into her dm, too.

"Ana, hey," he says, and I give him a weird look.

"Hey, are you ready? My parents are waiting," she replies, pushing a strand of brown hair out of her eyes. She's beautiful, I have to admit. Brown hair, brown eyes, tan skin, and she seems nice. She's perfect, but seeing that I know nothing about her, I can't be sure.

"Parents?" I ask.

"Yeah, Ana wanted me to m-meet her parents," Kyle stutters.

I raise my eyebrows and hide a smile. "So, you guys are dating?" I ask.

Ana laughs, "Yeah, he didn't want to tell you just yet."

I look at her then back at Kyle then at Ana again. "Really? Well, Ana, you seem really nice. I'm Braelyn. It's a pleasure to meet you," I say, holding out my hand.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Kyle sigh in relief. Ana smile grows wider. "Nice to meet you, too."

"Well, we're going to go. I'll see you tonight?" he asks.

"I'm going to a party tonight," I inform him, "I'll see you when I get back. Have fun."

He kisses the side of my head. "Thank you, and I'll explain everything later," he whispers then follows Ana out to her car.