QUEEN OF DEATH

❛You think he took me? You think I knew not what I did, when I laughed and placed those crimson seeds upon my tongue?❜

~ via tumblr.

"Death is not a lover

"Death is not a lover."

"Oh yes, he is."

E P I G R A P H

pome-gran-ate
/'pam(e).granet/
(noun.)
crocuses, irises, hyacinths.
crushed olives, gold honey, and wine.
hips, hands, shoulder blades.
distant torches and distant shouts.
running, running, running into the dark.
his warm, chapped lips skim over her pulse and in the name of every deathless god, she is hungry.
only if you wish, he says. i would never try to bind you down here.
she gazes at him. the tire in her eyes is a burnished red, like her mother's spring-damp roses. of course, she says, and pulls out her carving knife to slice the fruit open.

~ a tender riot.

F O R E W O R D

I've been enchanted by the idea of Hades and Persephone since ages. More so since I started reading all these beautiful poems written by amazing poets on the topic. These two gods' story has been a magical fairytale for me since years. I've always wanted to write a dark, flowery saga about Hades and Persephone, well, here it is. I'll try to work along the original storyline but I'll put my own twist to it.

Thank you for choosing to read this. I love you.

My brain has worked up a grand plan to write a trilogy on Zeus and Hera, Poseidon and Amphitrite, Hades and Persephone. I had this story fleshed out since quite a while, so I'll do this one first. The other two may come next year.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

This work is a mix of the original plot line and my own twist. However, I'll be using several beautiful poems on Hades and Persephone within this work. Credit goes to those poets.

Spring And Death | Eira C. Briallen
Death Season | Segovia Amil
Prayer To Persephone | Edna St. Vincent Millay
From Hades To Persephone | Lee Ann Schaffer
Persephone Speaks | Daniella Michallen
A Lie Called Rapere, A Lie Called Rex | c.ruth
Three Poems | Ron Koertge
Letter From Hades To Persephone | Clementine von Radics