POSTLUDE

Here's some wonderful poetry from lhzthepoet on tumblr

Here's some wonderful poetry from lhzthepoet on tumblr. Credits to them for these amazing lines that fit this story so perfectly!

When she is 5, she hears the word for the first time. Love.

She's still young, a child with two sisters who are playing in her mother's fields.

"Love is all Aphrodite talks about." Artemis says, mouth scrunched into a frown. "Such a nonsensical concept." Athena says stretching beside her, "If I could be tempted to it, it would be for someone whose mind challenges my own, a storm in wit and in battles of war."

Persephone tilts her head back, letting the sun brush gently down from her face to her toes.

"I'd do it for someone who has a hint of light in a mile of dark. Someone who is as cruel as he is just."

Athena looks to Artemis and laughs lightly.

"Why you've described Death himself, gentle in his touch and cruel in his actions."

Athena smiles and pats her head. "What a silly notion you have that death would fall in love with life."

She's 16, the first time she feels it. Love.

Hermes is lying beside her, long fingers that glide in circles at her shoulders. "You want so much." He whispers. She nods. "I'm so hungry." She leans in closer, "I could take bites out of the world, and I don't think it would be enough."

Hermes places light kisses down her neck. "You'll have it. You're going to have it all."

She's 20, the first time she notices his eyes on her. Love.

She doesn't know why her gaze can't be torn away from him. So odd. He seems as at home in the sun's embrace as he does in the shadows he came from.

He beckons near her. Every step is power. Raw. Old. He's seen the dawn and fall of many a world.

He can feel it, her lust for the smoke at his fingertips. Sweet little daisy crowned girl. Goddess, they've underestimated you.

She's two millennium old when she has it. Love.

"They're going to write stories about us." She says against his lips.

He laughs.

"Good. Let them know you weren't just my wife. Let them know you were my Queen."

~ L.H.Z (lhzthepoet on tumblr) | Maybe She wanted Darkness