FINAL NOTE

At last, this heartbreak of a story is finally over.

It honestly just started out as a little project of mine, something new to write apart from Crown of Glass. What I did not expect, was for it to blow up the way it has. I can't thank you guys enough for your love and support writing this - this book has been ongoing since almost 2 years, and today it feels surreal putting the tick mark next to the title and marking it as completed.

So guys... so far, I've been overwhelmed by the response to Queen of Death. Which brings me to an idea I've had since long.

Queen of Death is the story of Hades and his Queen.

But what about Zeus and Poseidon?

I've always wanted to make it a sort of trilogy about the three main Greek gods, with multiple spin offs maybe about other Greek tales. Zeus has Hera, with a lot of stories behind their encounters which could make for a nice tale, but it's Poseidon and Amphitrite I'm worried about.

Amphitrite is the goddess of the sea (and also a character from Crown of Glass, coincidently) who was Poseidon's queen consort, but there haven't been many stories about her. Even the inexhaustible Wikipedia gives a few details about her. But the thing is, I've always wanted to write a book on mermaids and sirens and Greek gods, so I feel I might just take all of this and twist it together into a story?

My stories have always been women centric. Queen of Death is about Persephone's journey, and this one will be about Amphitrite's life, a woman who we don't know much about. But it'll have Poseidon, sirens, mermaids, and lavish Greek culture along with that a dark, romantic sort of theme.

So... will you guys be up for it?

It's been a bittersweet journey finishing this - knowing the original tale and putting my own spin to it. However, it's been amazing writing those sensitive, complex characters - take them apart into pieces and putting them together again. They certainly deserve some peace after the damn hurricane that went down in the Underworld!

I think the best part of this story was the end - the lesson Persephone and Hades both learned. To let go of some things in life you cannot control, and cherish the part that you can control. They've gotten better at saying goodbyes, because what even is a good bye? The promise of you seeing them again.

Here's to all those heartbroken souls out there.

Know that you are not alone.

And know that every damn cloud has a silver lining.

Ellis out!